Sunday, December 17, 2023

Last Minute Post with a Few RE-Post links, Music And..Don't Let the Heelots Get Ya! They Almost Got Me!!! Thoughts.

I thought this was so unique, and it's so very sweet...The black and white, the 1947 music, the big moon and the Granville House...Oh my.  What is there not to love on this one?

 

 

A Few Reposts You All May Enjoy !   

 

* Oh My Heart! Frank Capra's 'Meet John Doe' (1941) ...Our Little Town Peeps are Angels Right Here 

 

*Love is Not Rude...That's What the Bible Says. What I'm Doing Today. A Touching Clip. 

 

*Silent Night, May Your Week be a Peaceful One. 'Meet John Doe' (1941)   ...Don't let the Heelots Get ya!  GREAT CLIP HERE from 'Meet John Doe'.


EDIT  12.17.23  This evening.....Heelots.  If you are not sure what a Heelot is, please see the bottom of this page.   Enjoy!  

Do you know I almost succumbed to the Heelots a few weeks ago!   Horrors!   Our youngest daughter had a birthday and brought home a couple of clothing items from a nice department store, one of the items, the primary item was a beautiful burgundy real velvet, fitted, double breasted long blazer, it looked like something from Little Women,many times my style.   She handed me the hangers with the plastic covers over them for me to hang in my closet so I could wrap the birthday "surprises".   When I went to my closet and innocently hung the two plastic wrapped lovelies in my closet I notice my tweed blazer next to the goodies.  Oh.  The new stuff made my poor little much loved snagged, tweed blazer look frumpy and junky.  (Twilight Zone music plays here).   ....But alas!  I remembered the Heelots!   Nooooooo!    I did *not* succumb.  But it really was a temptation to get into feeling that way!!!  I walked away in freedom and PEACE!  Yes I did!   ...It was like when Jimmy Stewart in It's a Wonderful Life told Potter something to the effect of....No, I don't want your help for your riches!   Yep, he felt himself turning into that Heelot too!   ...We can turn into Heelots for many different reasons! ...Don't do it!   Don't do it!   *big smile*  ...But it's true too!   Always remember, the quote....Comparison is the thief of joy.

Image result for baby Jesus 

Look at precious Baby Jesus on hay in a manger with the little lamb and little birds...So very sweet.   It's very hard to turn into a Heelot or get snatched by one if we ponder this.

 

I hope you all are well, just some reposts here that ya'll might enjoy.  Yesterday I made my Italian grandma's eggplant and put it in the freezer for Christmas day.   I'll be putting Gardein brand vegan meatballs in baked in pasta gravy out for a treat, and making a large casserole of egg pasta gravy, (eggs cooked in pasta gravy)  it's quite delicious, may put some sauteed garlic simmered in-olive oil spinach in with it too, here and there.  Pasta of course too.   Everyone will bring sides.  

My poor 93 year old mom was frantic yesterday because she realized her great-grandchildren may not appreciate money only.  I told her...Don't worry, Consider it done.  I texted our daughters and told them to please pick out a very nice gift with the allotted money and wrap it.  Bring it over on Christmas for our  grand children to unwrap and for my mom to see and the children to realize who it is from.  I think that will work beautifully, one of our daughters, Zuzu was so thankful because there was one nice gift they could not afford for her youngest and she was able to buy that nice gift, a big red plastic toddler car that J can get in and scoot around in.  Remember those?  Zuzu loved hers growing up!   So now her little boy will have one too!    Mimi here has our grand babies gifts all wrapped, a very nice toy and an outfit for each child.  Yay!  

 

This will be a nice week I hope and pray, getting our home ready and my hair dyed for Christmas and keeping cozy.     


I have a few more decorations I'll try to share if I have time too!  : )  I have old vintage cards in our guest bathroom that I think are very neat...  


Take care for now...Have a wonderful Sunday!    ~Amelia


Edit 12.17.23 Evening.     If you don't know what a Heelot is and haven't had time to check the reposts above, this should explain.  Enjoy!  

12 comments:

EM Griffith said...

Thank you for those links, Amelia. I'll enjoy them as the weather turns nasty later this week. Not to sound stupid, but I've never heard of a Heelot before! LOL! Nowadays the only people I compare myself to are those I admire spiritually. That happens when you get older, I think. When I was younger? Oy, vey! Everyone was thinner, prettier, had better hair and makeup... you get the idea. Oddly enough, I never coveted other people's stuff.

What a wonderful idea for your mom to "buy" Christmas gifts for her great-grandchildren! My mom started doing that a few years ago; she sends the checks early so the parents can shop for her. And one of these days you'll have to share a few recipes. Like the egg gravy, which I know is pasta sauce. I shared an old recipe for Ginger Cookies at Cheryl's Frugal Corner that I expect you could make with GF flour.

Have a blessed week before Christmas, dear lady. Hugs to the whole family (including your precious fur babies). --Elise

Cheryl Kimbley said...

Lovely post. How nice to get a gift that wasn't in the budget with grandmas money! That will be fun.
Have a lovely week.

Amelia said...

Hi Elise, I love your cookie recipes in your comments on Cheryl's Frugal Corner, so helpful now at Christmas time! Thank you!

Heelots? Oh no, you don't sound stupid, you just haven't seen "Meet John Doe" yet! lol I have placed the embedded clip of what a Heelot is at the bottom of the page for your enjoyment. *big smile* You may enjoy the movie, "Meet John Doe", I bet your husband would enjoy it too.

Awww...Your mom must be a thoughtful person too. I will definitely have to share the egg pasta recipe! It's actually pretty simple!

Have a wonderful evening, and week as you bless others with your cookies! I think it's wonderful that you do that! And you send hugs too to Blue and Poppy for me. ~Amelia

Amelia said...

Thank you Cheryl, and you too have a blessed Christmas week.
~Amelia

EM Griffith said...

Thank you, Amelia! Now I know what a Heelot is! :-D
--ELise

Amelia said...

: D So glad you enjoyed it! The entire movie is a must-see in my book, it looks like the colorized version is on youtube, this movie is poignant and sobering as well as funny in places. Great ending. Gary and Cooper, Walter Brennan and Barbara Stanwyck...Wonderful movie with Christmas elements.

Anonymous said...

Amelia, thanks for the links. We love old movies, especially from the '40s and before,and reading historical novels about this period of time. I don't know if you've read these books but, if you haven't, I think you would like them very much. Two of my favorite authors about this period are Jennifer Robson and Jennifer Ryan. Robson wrote "The Gown", "Goodnight from London" and her latest book is "Coronation Year". Ryan's books are: "The Wedding Dress Sewing Circle", "The Kitchen Front", and "The Chillbury Women's Choir".
All were set in England during the 1940's. And have you ever read the blog
"The 1940s Experiment"? I'm another one who loves this particular time. Blessing, Cookie

Amelia said...

Cookie, Thank you so very much for the book recommendations! I love the 40s, just love, love love them! I will definitely look up the books and the blog too. That is valuable information to me, thanks again!

Have you read any of Grace Livingston Hill books? Some of hers are set in the 40s and her books are soooo wonderful too.

Those old movies are truly gems, our girls didn't know the modern movie stars but they knew who Jimmy Stewart, Gregory Peck, Ginger Rogers and Donna Reed were and others! It's so nice they all married nice men who also share in that too. God is good.

Thank you Cookie for taking the time to come and comment, I appreciate it! ~Amelia

Anonymous said...

Amelia, I've never read Grace Livingston Hill and I will look up her books today. I'm always interested in a good read. Last night we watched, "Going My Way" and "The Bells of St. Marys". A delight to hear Bing Crosby. Have a blessed day. Cookie

Amelia said...

Cookie, we love those two movies! I have both on dvd. I love the part that Bing Crosby plays, I actually knew a priest who was like that and we also enjoy the Irish man who plays the elderly priest.

Blessings to you Cookie! ~Amelia

Anonymous said...

Really good reminder to not get into materialism and looking at what others have and we have not. It’s a dangerous trap. Good for you for enjoying your old blazer!

It was so very kind and generous of you and grandma with the Christmas gifts for the grandbabies! They will love them all so much!

Amelia said...

So true, it may not even be that we are coveting others' things but their new pretty things make us feel shabby sometimes? But yes, that blazer has a special place in my heart! : )

Thank you, it was a joy to give those precious gifts and I think my mom will have such a nice time seeing the grandbabies open their gifts! So fun, praying for a Peaceful non-stress Christmas day for all!