Saturday, December 23, 2023

Beautiful. This Will Bring us Back to Where we are Supposed to Be This Evening.

 Sometimes the Christmas season brings different kinds of feelings and we miss our loved ones who have gone to Heaven and we ponder things, we ponder our Savior.  Maybe you have a loved one that is elderly as my mom is...She gets forgetful sometimes and it troubles my heart, I get scared.   I seek God's Face desperately in these times as I know you are too dear Readers for whatever may be troubling your hearts.

 

.

The video above touched my heart and I simply wanted to share it with you all, one of our daughters sent this beautiful version of Away in the Manger by Phil Wickham to our family and I think this brings us back to where we are supposed to be wherever we are today.  

 

God is with us.     


 

 

Random shots that to me, are fitting for this entry.   If you have seen any recently please oblige. 

This contains an image of: 

My dad when he was a little boy with his mother, my grandmother, Amelia who I was named after.  She passed away when my dad was ten. I have her underlined Bible study book from Moody, a piece of white cloth marker is in the book from her sewing, I hold it delicately, her hands held the book too back then.  She was German, her parents spoke German fluently, my other grandparents were Italian and also spoke Italian.  It's very interesting, my parents went to elementary school together there in the waterfront town, both founding families, and were in the same grade and same classroom.  My Italian grandma knew my German grandma...My Italian grandma always said that my dad's mother was a kind, sweet and gentle woman. 

My mom and dad when they were first married.  Probably around 1953.

 

A gentle reminder of Peace and our fur angels who have passed to Heaven, this is in our guest bathroom in the corner like real kitties snuggled together on the floor.   Many things to look at in there, a little museum is what one lady called it.  

This contains an image of: 

Our little Muffie, we so miss our little guy...He passed away in October.  We've lost three fur angels in two months, just recently.  It's been painful.

This contains an image of: 

Some things don't change...Me when I was very little, my first puppy on my lap...Cutie.  As I wrote previously I drew this in highschool.

This contains an image of:

A very old antique Christmas card, I love the little lamb looking upon Jesus.  I think this is so innocent, so precious and sometimes I grieve our culture especially when I look upon something that is supposed to be Christian in nature or secular variety 'family' show and then it screams of the world and I find myself clambering to get it off the screen and out of my home. I think to myself...This is not Christmas!  

 

But there are sweet things as above.

 

It brings us back to where we should  be.   May we remember that sweet manger and the true meaning of Christmas, there are many fun things but let's always head back home to the sweet manger. 

 

I'll be back soon, I hope to post some sweet decorations for Christmas, and at this point New Years but I felt an urgency to post this this evening. 

 

God is with us.

~Amelia  

9 comments:

Terra said...

Yes, Christmas points me to be where I want to be in my faith journey. Your parents were so gorgeous in that photo from the 1950s. Christmas has its sad elements as you mentioned as I miss my husband and mom and dad while celebrating this holiday.

Cheryl Kimbley said...

A beautiful post. Yes many of us experience sadness and joy both during the holidays. I pray the joy is MORE for everyone.
You parents pictures is just gorgeous. What a handsome couple.
Merry Christmas to you.

EM Griffith said...

First of all, thank you, Amelia, and Merry Christmas! This blog post speaks to where I am this Christmas season. It's a smaller, simpler event at my house. Hubs did get a little lighted tree up on the living room coffee table. We (deliberately) have fewer wrapped gifts, but there are some. The focus all season has been the *reason* for the season. Hugs to you and yours. --Elise

Anonymous said...

I have been feeling very weary of the world lately.
Nothing but evil,greed,abusing children.
It's becoming hard to face the day.
I looked in the scriptures for an answer the other day. It said to counter evil with good.
Simple advice.

Amelia said...

Thank you Terra, I appreciate your comment very much, I feel such safety and Peace as I gaze into that Hope that came at Christmas and we have that Hope any time any place, God be with us. Amen, Terra to what you write.

Merry Christmas Blessings to you!

Amelia said...

Thank you Cheryl, I so appreciate that comment about my parents, I was so proud of them. Many times I thought I had the best parents ever. : ) Christmas can be an emotional time sure enough.

Merry Christmas Blessings to you Cheryl!

Amelia said...

Hi Elise, that is wonderful. We try to keep things sensible and fanciful too, but above all else....Christ centered as we feel that Holy Spirit that came to us.

I think that is so sweet that your husband got the little tree for the table top. I'm going to try to find the same little nativity set that my parents had, I have a lovely one from Hobby Lobby pictured in a previous entry but I sure would like to have that original type of one!

Christmas hugs and blessings to you!

Amelia said...

Dear Anonymous,

Dear Anonymous, Yes, I understand your feelings, it seems things are adding up to destruction doesn't it?

The answer is Christ and the simple freeing answer you write, good for evil, loving God and hating sin. May we be Jesus with skin on to others.

Have a blessed Christmas! May God be with us all. Let's pray one for another. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
~Amelia

Amelia said...

God bless you too, Shirley! Have a sweet Christmas!