Wednesday, January 3, 2024

New Years Show n' Tell, Sharing Thoughts, Including a Wowee Product: FurZapper!

I think I'll start backwards and chat about this neat product that WORKS. 

 

We saw these at Walmart last week hanging in the plastic storage box area, one aisle over from clothes pins etc.   This is a tiny Walmart, very old fashioned so your Walmart may have them in a slightly different place.

 

If you have pets of any kind and have a little trouble getting the fur off at times?   This is GREAT.   

FUR ZAPPER

This contains an image of: 

This is what it looked like hanging up in the plastic packaging.

This contains an image of: 

You get 2 in a pack. 

This contains an image of:

This contains an image of: 

 

Re-usable, non-toxic, fragrance free and made in the USA.

 

Yesterday evening, I looked at two of my doggy bed covers.  I make little removable covers for them.  Let's put it this way friends, they should have been washed before Christmas.  I'm thinking as I see literal sand on top of them along with a sea of fur that this needs to be done.  I quickly undid the diaper pins to secure them, went on the porch to shake the sand out and popped the hairy little covers in the wash with two of the FurZappers.  Put it on my normal quick 15 minute auto wash with extra rinse and my normal soap and borax.  It was so nice when I looked at my covers and hardly any fur at all on them!  Maybe several little hairs and that was it.   No fur was in my washer  barrel either!  I normally have to wash that type of thing twice and then have to clean my barrel out with a towel too!   Then popped them in the dryer with the two little FurZappers and we're pleased as punch.  They came out beautifully!

 

The price was $12.88.   So.  Worth.  It.  

 

I also purchased a pet lint roller brush but haven't tried that out yet, I thought that would be good for quick pick ups off of one of my black turtlenecks.   

 

No, I didn't get paid for this, but I thought it was very worth sharing!

 

It's New Years and I still have my Christmas Lights up, my mom always kept everything up until January 6.  Epiphany. 

 

I leave much of my stuff out beyond that too, perhaps later removing some icicles and putting those around cardboard because they are becoming increasingly difficult to find at normal stores!   My Wonderful Life buildings stay out year round and the white lights on the trees are a comfort to my heart.   I also leave my doggy ornaments on to look at.  They are a little more neutral and even go with cut-out Valentine hearts or vintage Valentine cards I scatter around on trees or the kitchen area.   

 

I Love Vintage Antique Cards... 

In our guest  bathroom I put them around...It's like a little museum in there.

This contains an image of: The front.

This contains an image of: Open it up and this is what you see!

Many of the old antique cards contained New Year's Wishes too!

This contains an image of: 

Front

 

Inside

 

 

Front

This contains an image of: 

Inside.....We always wonder who the people were...

This contains an image of: Front

Inside

This contains an image of: 

A very old Scrabble game with a Wonderful Life card, bulbs from Dollar Tree, a wonderful book on Lucy and lessons about loving God, book of beautiful photos of Shelter dogs and one of my Uncle Wesley's manners books from Rice University, probably from 1938.   ...And of course my Pitbull art, we had a loving Pitbull, a gentle giant named Buddy.

This contains an image of: 

Lessons from Lucy About Loving God, a wonderful little book. 

This contains an image of:

This contains an image of: 

This contains an image of: 

Da moon.....    George Lassos Moon?

 

That is just a small portion of antique Christmas and New Years cards and old photos in our guest powder room.  

 

I hope to show more another time and my kitchen too, it's just a fun thing for me.   I love yesteryear and the joy it brings.  We can make our little parts of the country just in this same way, we can go back to the 40s if we like in different ways.   Why not?  We don't have to buy what culture tries to tell us.  Let's be like the little boy who asked Why?  : )

 

In this day and age where women seem to think they need to escape from some imaginary trap...Let's think a bit and ask, Why? 


I feel truly liberated to be a homemaker and mom.  If it meant I were to go without a vehicle for a time and my husband and I had to share a vehicle that was fine by me.  Our children and a peaceful and sweet home were more important.  : ) 

 

I read this, this morning from one of the books by Mrs. Sharon White, Homemaking for Happiness.  Her blog is The Legacy of Home.   This little paragraph speaks of mottoes and scripture and beautiful little pantings and things around our homes but I loved most what it referred to as in the spirit of the home as follows:

     A humble home is a place where materialism is not the focus.  It is a place of rest and old-time values.  It is where the simple life originates.  Filling our surroundings with old-time mottoes of comfort, and encouragement, is a precious way to build our courage and faith.  It will bring a smile of cheer, and a nod of contented peace.  


 

I hope everyone is doing well,  I felt led to post this most practical but important reminder and sharing today.   

 

I'll close with two beautiful and touching pieces that mean so much to me, the first... this beautiful song and tribute to a wife and mom, Ruth Bell Graham by one of my favorite artists:


.

The second by Sara Groves, He's Always Been Faithful,  a very, very special song to my heart, you will see why when you hear the song...

.

 

Take care Friends,   This contains an image of:    ~Amelia

15 comments:

Sandi said...

I like those vintage cards, Amelia. Truly a fantastic idea to keep them.

I remember that Sara Groves song. I have it on cassette! Would you believe my car still has the original cassette player? We almost switched it over to CD twenty plus years ago, but something else always came up. Now CD players need to replaced with phone things. My car is a Honda. That's why it's old enough to vote, get married, and pay taxes. Ha ha!

How do the doggy hair contraptions work? Does the hair wrap around them?

Cheryl Kimbley said...

Such pretties. You have a lot of vintage items.
You know dear, you were born in the wrong decade!!!!! Your love of all vintage shows it. I think that is so neat.

EM Griffith said...

Thank you, Amelia! Hubs looked, but WM was sold out. We'll keep an eye out there for Fur Zappers. That said...

I *LOVE* your house! It's so very, very special. Of course, I'd expect nothing less. Did you know that I have a full collection of 1900-1940s Magnalite by Wagner Ware cookware? Including all of the roasting pans? I have a chicken fryer + lid with a wooden handle that's older than my mom and still cooks a dream. We also picked up a full set of sort-of-matching 1950s metal cannisters with black lids. Those (and the cookware I don't regularly use) is part of our kitchen décor, displayed on a shelf above the cabinets. I also collect old cooking tools that will eventually be displayed there. My dream kitchen is 1940s style. LOL!

Thanks again, sweet lady. (((Hug))) --Elise

Amelia said...

Hi Sandi! Thank you!

Oh I love the sounds of your Honda! That is so great! My parents always paid cash for a car and just drove and drove them til they absolutely had to buy another. My entire growing up, we had an old 50s Chevrolet when I was very, very, small, a Chevy Malibu, they even had that repainted later, and then a Dodge Duster when I was in junior high and later. My mom later bought another Malibu and it's like new still. Good for you, Sandi! Stands up and applauds! That is so funny...Old enough to vote and pay taxes...haha!

Ya know? On the doggy hair contraptions? They are very squishy-like...almost like play dough, but hold together. I thought the hair would stick to them and I would wash them with dish soap. But they came out clean as a whistle too, and their was fur in the dryer lint trap. So, it's a mystery! : ) But they do work, somehow, some way. : ) Great product.

God bless you, Sandi! ~Amelia

Amelia said...

Thank you Cheryl! Yes, I have often said that very thing! : ) I should have been young in the 40s! I would have had a grand time, the nation definitely had more of a healthy fear of God and in general things had a sweeter spirit. Not perfect and a scary time during the war but that probably added to that healthy fear of God, that's for sure as I know you agree. Just the little drawings on the cards...Soooo sweet.

Thank you for your precious encouragement, Cheryl! ~Amelia

Terra said...

Your vintage cards are so pretty and sweet, from perhaps a more innocent time. I grew up in the 1950s, families had a mom and a dad, no one locked their doors. We walked to church and to school, both near by. Good times.

Amelia said...

Hi Terra, Oh my heart! Growing up in the 50s must have been soooo nice. I grew up in the early 60s and saw it all coming down even as a child. It hurt my heart growing up even as a very young little girl, seeing my grandma's Life magazine with the Beatles and Twiggy etc. and then in junior high it looked like all hell broke loose in the 70s for sure. It never set well with me at all, you were very blessed. : ) That sounds so neat to be able to walk even to church! I would love to hear more about your growing up in the 50s! Sounds plum wonderful!

Thanks so much for coming by and the thoughtful comment! ~Amelia

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Fabulous post! Thank you so much for sharing about the zappers. I have a cat and a dog who like to share their hair. ~grin~

I hope you have a wonderful week!

Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
Laura

P.S. Came by after seeing your comment on Mrs. White's blog.

Amelia said...

Hi Laura! Thank you so much for coming by and taking the time to comment! Those zappers really work! : ) I hope you will have a sweet day today, I just saw your comment, so sorry about the delayed reply.

God bless you Laura! ~Amelia

Anonymous said...

Can’t wait to try those fur zappers! Our dog goes through stages of shedding and also we have four kitties… so we deal with fur around here too!

Love all the vintage cards, they are so charming. I still have my tree up, and am just now starting to feel I’m ready to take it down. I’ve really enjoyed the cozy warmth. But I’m about ready to take out my vintage valentine decor now.

Also, those are a couple of favorite songs of mine. So peaceful and reassuring to the soul.

Amelia said...

Dear Anonymous, I hope you are able to try the zappers soon, they are sooooo nice. The only thing I've found was a few white hairs that were very embedded in a stripe of black fleece fabric but that's the only thing it didn't wipe out completely, the rest of the doggy coat, in red and black check was totally spotless. We have three kitties and three doggies, yes, the zappers are wonderful.

I'm so glad you like the vintage cards, your vintage valentine decor sounds wonderful. I still have our trees up but removed the round bulbs and actually put a couple of vintage Valentine cards on one of the trees and added more puppies and kitties. : ) I love those lights in the evenings.

Oh how wonderful that you are familiar with the songs, aren't they so sooothing to our souls?

I appreciate your comment, it is a Gift to me this evening. I'm so sorry that I just now saw the comment. ~Amelia

Little Mama Mia said...

Aw, I love the vintage cards! I wish they made more vintage looking decor nowadays. They're so adorable! Where did you find those?

What a great find on the fur zapper... thank you for the recommendation!

And wow... that tribute to Ruth Bell Graham and the beautiful song, Give me Jesus, is deeply touching. It made me cry... so beautiful

That Sara Groves song is one of my favorites as well

Praying for you during this time, Mom. With Much Love <3

Amelia said...

Thank you Little Mama Mia...I sure can use those prayers. Both of those songs are so appropriate aren't they? I hope you like the fur zappers as much as I do. It's so sweet of you to come by and take the time to comment. With much love... xo Mom

Sherry said...

Hi there, Amelia.
peeking in and happy to see link for:
"give me Jesus" by Fernando Ortega
a very personal favorite.
blessings... sherry

Amelia said...

Well, Hello Sherry! We've been listening to many of Fernando Ortega songs lately...We never tire of them, just love them, just something about them. My mom broke her hip a week and a half ago and it's been the nightmare... and his songs are so wonderful. God bless you Sherry, ~Amelia