Sunday, July 10, 2016

A Wowee Sunday With Zac

loading ...

This is one of the BEST sermons we have heard in a long, long, long time. We aren't hearing sermons like this much anymore!   We highly recommend:
Zac Poonen
SEEKING GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART BY ZAC POONEN




I hope everyone is having a peaceful Sunday as we pray for our nation.



Here at the Forest this evening:

Tonight for supper we keep it easy, it's God's day of Rest. : )  We usually do scrambled real free-range eggs with toast and perhaps grits if we feel like grits.  ...Or perhaps an avocado sandwich on a good ol' bun, onions, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes etc.  These sandwiches are so delicious.  I learned this idea in smalltown, I told the local grill that I was a vegetarian and they were so quick to kindly, delightfully with a smile, offer an avocado burger (no meat).   I had never thought of that so it really has helped me to learn of a new option when in restaurants.



Have a nice week dear ones.  I will end with this prayer from Francis of Assisi I have always loved since a little girl:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.



2 comments:

Marianna said...

This was a very powerful and good sermon!! I really enjoyed listening to it too. It was both encouraging and also convicting... really puts things in perspective.

Those avocado sandwiches are delicious and oddly enough, the pickles make it extra tasty! Something I never would have thought to add, but they really add a nice touch!

Amelia said...

Yes, isn't it a good sermon?

Isn't it something how something as simple as an avocado makes such a delicious sandwich?

Thanks so much for taking time from that busy and hectic schedule of yours to comment! : )