Monday, February 8, 2016

Is He Our All? Even Amongst the Selfish?

"Never look ahead to the changes and challenges of this life in fear.....

"...So hold His loving hand tightly, and He will lead you safely through all things.  And when you cannot stand, He will carry you in His arms.

"Do not look ahead to what may happen tomorrow.   The same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day.  Either He will shield you from suffering or He will give you His unwavering strength that you may bear it.  Be at peace, then, and set aside all anxious thoughts and worries." 
  ~Francis de Sales Psalm 23:1   Excerpt from Streams in the Desert devotional

It's been interesting lately.  As you know if you have read here at all, I'm of the INFP personality.  No, I'm not a strong introvert, I'm actually in the middle, just a tad over on the introvert side, too much visiting wears me out.   I also am an observer of people and a thinker, Jem thinks I could have been a very good detective.  He is correct. ; )

I highly recommend the Myers-Briggs personality test, not only to help understand yourself, but to understand others as well. For example, some people with the opposite personality seem to delight in pressuring and almost harassing people with my personality type; the INFP as myself, or INFJ, as my youngest daughter.  We sit back in wonderment at the control being exerted.  That control (sin) will repel us, usually; permanently.  I've also seen extreme  introverts who are a bit selfish (sin), because they refuse to reach out to others at all, even in small ways. 

My daughter is required to take the Myers-Briggs at the local college, and I know at College of the Ozarks, a Christian college, one of the students told me it is also a requirement.

Being an INFP personality, we are the counselors of the world.   But it seems we never receive caring counsel or rather a caring, listening ear, because people are busy dumping everything on us!  

This must be how Christ feels when people dump on Him, never thanking Him, never coming back.  

loading ...  I had to literally laugh the past month as I am going through life's most troubling challenges in various ways.  Twice, two women have spent quite a bit of time sharing troubles, with me, ...for so long of a time, my ears felt like a dumpster. My husband calls them selfish. At best, I think it's rather one-sided of them.  I don't mind listening to valid prayer requests and I SO take it to heart.    But.  When I mention the trials I am facing?  They are in a hurry to scurry off...I'm learning from experience that most will never even ask later about the prayer requests I have.  Wow.

It was so bad one day, it was much like what we would see in a comedy sitcom.  I just had to stand there wide-eyed, shaking my head in unbelief to myself as on separate occasions I watched these grown women scurry off. 

I think....   What a friend we have in Jesus though!    

Perhaps He allows this so we will appreciate that truth!   It's those times, I go about my work quietly, and smile to myself, and just talk to the Father.  It's a liberating and most refreshing, happy thing!

I remember when I was in highschool.   When we were pen-pals with people, we expected to have a letter back within a couple of weeks at most or we wondered what was up.  Now we have emails, aren't emails supposed to be much easier to write back?  Serious prayer requests are shared, information is shared to who we think are trusted friends.  Questions are asked of interest of the other person.   We don't hear back. I've noticed the same when asking a simple polite, friendly question on a blog...*crickets chirping*.  ...Rude.



Any of you not a Christian?  I am so sorry of what you may see in church goers...You see, I know there are many who are not truly representative of Christ and that grieves my heart, it really does.  There really is something to:  They will know we are Christians by our Love.   It doesn't matter if people go to church or quote scripture etc., if they have not love then I question the integrity of their faith.  And that does not mean we do not speak truth, we speak truth because we love, and we should answer and respond to honest, sincere, people because we have that Christian integrity.


I had better run, it's Monday-Monday and so much to do! : )

loading ...  We are busy taking care of another rescue dog, looks like a beautiful Weimar.  Marianna picked her up on a country road in the freezing cold, she was literally bones and shaking with fever, she never would have made it through the night if Marianna would not have picked this poor angel up.
My husband remarks,  
What kind of a person does this to a poor animal?  

We have been praying for her, nursing her and speaking Life in Christ to her.  She is now growing hair back, and we have given her meds from our sweet Christian vet.   Yes, they will know we are Christians by our love.  Thanking God that our daughters have inherited a love and care for animals and human alike.   And I thank God for a Christian vet who cares.   I don't even need to ask him if he is a Christian, it is so very evident.

May we walk the walk that is evident of Christ in our Hearts, minds and souls!

Thank you for your prayers and comments, I appreciate them greatly.

Good Afternoon Loves,    ~amelia in the Forest.



 

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow, Amelia. Thank you for this post. I, like you, seem to have the spiritual gift of "ears," and I have thought many of the same things as you. People want to dump their stuff on me but have no time nor interest in reciprocating when I might need it.

Thankfully I've got Jesus and a wonderful husband, so I'm okay. But if I'm feeling low myself, the endless talk of others drains my strength.

I am praying for your daughter who has had some concerning health issues of late. Is she feeling better?

Love your compassion for animals. I began reading your blog a couple of years ago when you had the cute little duck and have been following you ever since.

Blessings to you, this day. Your blog post has encouraged me.

Amelia said...

Thank you Barbara! : )

I'm so glad to hear that you too can relate to this, it is a wonderful thing having that counselor's gift but it is a lonely walk truly so at times. I can just hear Rosalind Russell, the old movie star in one of her famous Jewish accents in the old movies saying this very thing!

I too am sooo very thankful for Jesus and my husband as well, I know what you mean, I am so blessed in that way. But yes, as you wrote on our listening ears, sometimes people will go on for even an hour or more and then change the subject as we are left with heads spinning, throats raw from talking to them. It's difficult. We want to listen, we want to help but we need listening ears sometimes too. Our daughters go through the same thing many times. I always look at their friend's parents many times and see the same pattern.

Thank you so much for asking about Michelle. She is still suffering through this thing. It is a mystery of sorts, and I am just praying and praying for her. I know God is a big God. Thank the Lord, He sent a young lady who has gone through the same symptoms and this young lady has helped Michelle through emails and such. A good friend of hers is staying with her too, just being a helper to Michelle. Is that not sweet? God has truly sent her some precious friends in the Lord. Her husband is a Gem as well, a real sweetheart. We all go visit on different days, bringing little foods and things she can eat. Thank you SO much for your prayers, please don't stop praying! Thank you Barbara so much!

I'm glad you can relate to compassion to animals, I just love them, they will look at us with those sweet eyes and God truly uses their sweethearts to minister back to us many a day. : )

God bless you Barbara, I'm so happy this blog has been an encouragement to you. When I wrote it, it poured out. My plan was to say a little something and go on with a sewing and recipe suggestion but God had other plans.

You're not alone. I love seeing your blog with photos of your home, your neat retro family wedding pics and your sweet husband enjoying it all. Your grown kids must be very blessed to have such kind parents as yourselves. It's not that often we see women as yourself, who also enjoy their homes and that is a Blessing, a Gift.