Friday, February 27, 2015

I LOVE THIS CLIP...Always Try to see Life Around You...


Always try to see life around you like you've just come from a tunnel...

Jimmy Stewart as Mr. Smith to Jean Arthur as Saunders, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)...Mr. Smith is so speaking my language here...I think it's beautiful.  I think of this exchange often as I enjoy the nature and the handiwork of God here at the Forest Cathedral...I remember hearing this exchange when we watched this movie in the suburbs...Jem, my hubs reminded me that the country would provide that beauty...Wouldn't you like to be in the country?  Here I am...and yes, I am sooo blessed to be here.  I love looking out and seeing the trees, the animals, today we saw a coyote on the way to the grocery store...He turned and looked at us and leaped across a field into a forest...


Here is another clip for your enjoyment:


I love the exchange here and so relate with Jefferson Smith...and just look at Jean Arthur's beautiful, beautiful profile, so lovely, just so very lovely.  


I am thanking God for a nice uneventful day.  Eggplant Parmesan the way my Grandma Oddo made it...a sweet secret peek at my husband gently scoooping up and sweetly holding our almost blind little dog, loving that sweet fur angel in such mercy.  


Projects done lately:  A black cotton zinnia skirt...soooo retro.  I made mine in the high waisted, pleated, belted below knee version but I don't belt mine.  I've already worn this skirt several times and it feels so 40s-50s.. Very flattering.  I wore it last Sunday with a fitted vneck sage green quarter sleeve sweater tucked in the skirt with strapped black velvet ballet flats, black capri length leggings.  Hubs and I were at a beautiful park in USO-town, we were sitting in the green grass surrounded by huge twisting oaks...upon a lake with beautiful ducks and geese swimming...Very nice indeed.  A precious maintenance man with beautiful blue eyes named Benito carried on a sweet conversation as we saw him off and on through our little visit.

What are you thanking God for today?  Have you done any neat projects lately?  'Do you enjoy Mr. Smith Goes to Washington'?  It was made in 1939 directed by Frank Capra, do you like that time period as I do? : )  Things have changed but yet maybe not?  



loading ...


Always try to see life around you like you've just come from a tunnel..

Goodnight Loves,  from The Forest Cathedral...God be with you all.    ~amelia


3 comments:

Abbi said...

We finally got a chance to watch "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" not long ago. We loved it!! Thanks so much for telling about it.

Amelia said...

I'm so glad you all enjoyed it! : ) Thanks for letting me know! Most all of Frank Capra movies have patriotic and ethical themes in them so as you see fit you may like those also. : )

Barbara said...

Thanks for your wardrobe suggestions. I still have not made that green skirt (blog post summer of 2013) but may get a black one made with that pattern before Easter Sunday. Bless you.