Friday, February 5, 2021

This is my Anthem, This is my song...He's Always Been Faithful to Me...

If this doesn't get to our heartstrings, we may need to take our pulse...  Oh my goodness, I haven't heard this by Sara Groves in at least several years and it was on our Christian radio program, Bill Pierce, Night Sounds last night.   Wow.  I remember playing this at our secondborn daughter's graduation banquet at our church then.  The youth pastor was so sweet, he came and stood behind us putting his hands on our shoulders...We could not hardly contain ourselves, it was almost a water works;  photos of her growing up were being put up on screen as this song we chose played...  It's just as fitting today as it was then.  Late last night when I heard this, I felt strongly the Lord would want me to post this, so please be encouraged and comforted as we trust in the Father.

.

He's Always Been Faithful to Me

I'm reminded daily how God is so faithful, how He answers prayers and protects.  Just in little ways He reminds and does those little but big miracles in our lives.

 

Some shots from around the forest here, my sweet son in law, married to our daughter described above, he's pulling two precious grandbabies born months apart.  Our faithful and loving dog, Liesl looks on, she's such a sweetheart, so, so good natured...Isn't this scene a picture of innocence and just so appropriate to the song above?   God has been faithful to send two sweet godly son in laws to us.

.

.

 

My 91 year old mom unwraps her birthday gift from me.  Our youngest daughter, Grace stands in the background watching.

 

.

One morning this week.

 

 

Morning by morning, I wake up to find
The power and comfort of God's hand in mine
Season by season, I watch Him, amazed
In awe of the mystery of His perfect ways
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me...

 

.

I can't remember a trial or a pain
He did not recycle to bring me gain
I can't remember one single regret
In serving God only and trusting His hand
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me

This is my anthem, this is my song
The theme of the stories I've heard for so long
God has been faithful, He will be again
His loving compassion, it knows no end
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always.... He's always been faithful
He's always been faithful... to me!

 

Special thanks to my blogging friends who are so kind as I have gotten to know some of you.  The pleasure and blessing is mine.  I appreciate those who read here so much and I thank God for you.   Your comments and exchanges especially bless my heart, those are extra bonuses from the Lord.

I've been quiet here, praying much and listening much.  It's been a busy time with family as well.


 

We remember....He's always been faithful.    This is my anthem...this is my song....God has been faithful, He will be again...His loving compassion, it knows no end. 

16 comments:

Sandi said...

"God has been faithful, He will be again"

Amen.

This was a blessing to read!

And what a blessing to have good sons-in-law...😊

Barbara said...

Such a beautiful song. Thank you for sharing this. I listened as I began pulling out the ingredients for my breakfast this morning. The words are so true. Our loving God has never left us, not even for a moment. We do ourselves great good when we purposefully focus on His Presence and blessings. All else dims in His Presence.

auntie said...

Dear Mrs. Amelia, if only every wife and mother would follow your example and glory in the small blessings that come with living each day. The importance of motherhood has been so denigrated in recent years. Watching a child grow, seeing the development of our children’s talents, and inspiring our husband’s grow in faith and love for God has far greater value than any paycheck or career. Sharing our love for Jesus heart to heart is what He intended. Thank you for being that witness to love.

Amelia said...

Hi Sandi, thank you so much for being you. That is a blessing to me and yes, I agree, oh my goodness, I so thank God for good son in laws. : )

I appreciate you!

Amelia said...

Amen Barbara, so, so true. I appreciate you.

Amelia said...

What an encouragement and blessing your comment is to greet me this morning Auntie...Oh how it did my heart good.

It's been a long time and we've watched each other's families through the cyber world as God has given that channel for us. Yes, sharing our hearts for Jesus as God intends.

You are so correct, part of the problem in the country I do believe is when homemakers roles were denigrated. I was reading it started in WWII even with the Rosie Riveters. It's so true if we think about it. There is nothing like being a homemaker and motheris there? What a blessing that is right in front of us, oh if only women would take that Peace and Joy.

I appreciate you auntie, love, prayers and thoughts coming your way.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A song for you:

https://timeforreflections.blogspot.com/2018/12/the-faithful-one.html

God bless.

Amelia said...

Dear Victor, What a touching and most timely song, thank you so, so much. How kind of you to take the time to share.

I appreciate you, God bless and be with you.

Linda said...

I'd never heard this song before :) It's so very beautiful, thank you so much for sharing. Regards days gone by..I was just saying to my husband today "What has happened to our world?" It all seems to have gone mad :( I look back to when I was a child and life was so simple and safe then. Yes the picture of your grandchildren is so beautiful and what a blessing they have God fearing parents. The picture of your mum is so precious too. How wonderful you still have her in your life !!!
Blessings to you dear Amelia ~ Linda

Amelia said...

Hi Linda, I'm so glad you too am blessed by this song, I just love it too. I so hear your heart, it's true and it makes me sad sometimes too. I strive to keep that peaceful and godly place here as I know you do too to insulate from the world out there. Sometimes when I hear what is going on I feel like the gates of hell are trying to invade but I know God knows those who trust Him and He loves that and cares for us, but I understand the feeling, I so get that. Yes, it's a world gone mad out there. We must keep our eyes on the Lord as I know you do and rest in the Lord taking that peace.

God bless you and be with you Linda, thanks so much for taking the time to comment, it means so much. I appreciate you Linda!

Sherry said...

.. always faithful is He the Lord ..

i look forward to listening to this song,
but for this morning it's not happening
as we have bathroom (both bathrooms)
countertop installers here along with a
plumber. their necessary noise is not
conducive to thoughtful repose. wink.

bless you this day the Lord hath made.

Amelia said...

Hi Sherry, I hope you enjoy the song, I know you will. : ) ...As soon as the time is right of course. ; )

Hope your remodeling turns out nicely and is a swift process, I know how it is. We're due for laminate flooring but oh how I dread the process.

God bless and be with you, I appreciate you coming by!

Tonita said...

Hi Amelia,
Thanks for popping over to visit my blog. I love the song you've shared and had never heard it before. I am sorta shell shocked after this last election, oh= I mean "installment" of Biden. I have been off line for quite some time, as I ponder God's faithfulness and realize that God is still on the thrown, and HE has this, HE is sovereign and as disappointing as it is to see America slide into what appears to be chaos I just need to keep my eyes on Christ and HIS promises. I just checked out your profile and see were both fur kid moms and long time vegetarians. Many blessings to you and yours.

Amelia said...

Hello There Tonita, So great to read your comment. I'm so glad you liked the song too, there truly is something so special about that song, perhaps because it's so true and such a beautiful and anointed reminder...Such a sweetness in it.

I too have begun to take off a bit doing the same thing you are describing. It's so freeing isn't it? Just to hear the Lord's voice and get out of the way so to speak. I'll still blog but am trying to blog at His prompting.

I so hear you on the election, it's unbelievable. We feel as if it's a bad dream. We can read Psalms 37 and be comforted though. I think the church in general is so messed up it's a wake up call, the culture is just so out of hand. Instead of the churches letting out Light they've let darkness in.

I'm so encouraged that you are a fur angel mom and a vegetarian too! A breath of fresh air. *big smile* It's not every day that I meet a sister in Christ who sees the beauty and importance in those things. So great. I think Christians should be the *first* to see the beauty in those things. God bless you Tonita, and please come by again! I appreciate you taking the time to come visit me here in the forest and commenting. God bless you!

chetitorials said...

Amelia I love Sara Groves!! I have 6-7 of her CDs.

Amelia said...

Hi Chet! Isn't her music so great, the words are so in depth, so feeling and true. We've met her at various concerts and she was so kind, she always remembered me and our girls.

I so appreciate you coming by Chet, I miss those xanga glory days...