Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Do Any Human Beings Ever Realize Life While They Live it? Our Town (1940). Thoughts.

"It has been said that no great work of literature or science has ever been produced by someone who did not love solitude.  It is also a fundamental principle of faith that no tremendous growth in holiness has ever been achieved by anyone who has not taken the time frequently, and for long periods, to be alone with God.  from The Still Hour"    Excerpt from today, Sept. 29, Streams in the Desert  devotional.

This page has always resonated in my soul.

Today I was re-viewing this movie, it's from a famous classic play I had studied in highschool.  The name?   Our Town by Thornton Wilder.  I highly recommend.




This movie has some huge glaring truths in it.  Live Life, appreciate it.  In the end all that is left is Eternal.

I highly recommend this beautiful piece, play for your family...this copy is not the greatest but I'm almost certain you can check a video out form your local library if you would like to see a more clear copy of the movie, even with the grain, it's worth it in my opinion. EDIT: 9.30.115 I have found the above second copy as well, you may see if the quality is  better on this one.


This morning my heart was struck when I heard a conversation about bottled water, needing it for a lunch at a sweet relative's home.  I suggest the dollar store, my suggestion is somewhat ignored and the amount of $5.00 for a bigger lot (not really needed in my opinion) was mentioned like it was nothing.  Nothing. It's not a big deal at all, just perception of an attitude(s).  I do wonder what my Italian immigrant grandparents would have even thought about bottled water?  Think about it.  What is our attitude on things.  The conversation I'm speaking of brought me to tears, the attitudes, etc.  No, I have nothing against bottled water, but I don't think it's a given or an entitlement, my issue was attitude.  I cried and shared that for me?  Five dollars means a lot.  This mommy once stood in a grocery line with my firstborn little girl having to choose between a banana she wanted and something else to put back because I did not have enough money.

Here is another excerpt from yesterday's Streams in the Desert:

"Dear tested and tried  believer, it is your mission to walk onto the stage of this world in order to reveal to all of heaven and earth that the music of life lies not in your circumstances or external things but in your own soul." Excerpt from Sept. 28, Streams in the Desert

I am thanking God for Life, and so many miracles God answers for this child.
loading ...
I've been busy painting a porcelain blonde bride's hair brunette, washing tablecloths,and spending time with God.  Tonight for dinner?  I think I'll throw together a light pasta dish.

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it?—every, every minute?"  

"We all know that something is eternal. And it ain’t houses and it ain’t names, and it ain’t earth, and it ain’t even the stars . . . everybody knows in their bones that something is eternal, and that something has to do with human beings. All the greatest people ever lived have been telling us that for five thousand years and yet you’d be surprised how people are always losing hold of it. There’s something way down deep that’s eternal about every human being."

Excerpts from Our Town by Thornton Wilder (SparkNotes)

Have a sweet evening Loves,     Amelia in the Forest  

P.S.  Been having some wonderful ministry opportunities coming, going, receiving, giving at the little grocery store in smalltown. Real Church indeed!

 

No comments: