Monday, November 28, 2011

Of Birthday Memories and Lovely Flowers

Are these flowers not beautiful? They just sing autumn to me...A most thoughtful and generous hostess gift. : ) So nice, just so very, very nice. Much too pretty not to show off! This is the wonderful hostess gift I wrote about previously. Things like this are so very thoughtful I think and mean so much. I really appreciate things like this, the thought and care goes a long, long way and blesses my heart. My baby's 18th birthday was recently and I just cannot believe my little girl is 18. Eighteen? When did this happen? It seems just like yesterday I delivered Grace. Her little cry was so darling, a robust nine pound baby girl. Grace:

My Photo

Grace chose not to celebrate fully since it was a Sunday, I suppose she was thinking part of the day would be church etc so she preferred to wait and have the entire day to celebrate but it made me feel a bit strange not celebrating on the day. I kept asking her, "Are you sure you don't want to celebrate today?" Oh *sigh* such is life for mom... This week should be nice though, a bit of a question as to when and where but there will be some fun times of a birthday outing I am certain. : ) I remember vividly the birth center I delivered at...I've tried to find the birth center but I'm thinking it was torn down in the name of progress? I see a huge subdivision in the area now. I remember the labor pains and me loudly saying ... Dear Me! The team of praying midwives were great, one was particularly more my speed so to speak....Her name is Diane, a mother of five herself, a chiropractor now. She would smile and say back... Dear me? I would say, Yes! Dear me! The next day at 12:09 pm Grace was born after 24 hours, our sweet little baby. Wallie the chief midwife looks at me and tells me...You have a lot of inner strength...I'll always remember that. It get's me through things sometimes remembering her face looking down at me telling me that. Lou, the midwife who officially delivered Grace, tells me Grace is an outstanding baby, one of the prettiest babies she has ever seen. : ) What made me deliver with midwives? My ob/gyn didn't catch the premature labor I was in at 4 months along and I had an extremely strong instinct to go check out this birth center in our area. It's funny, I have no recollection of how I heard of this birth center. All I know is I had a distinct urge (The Lord) to check this place out and while I was at the birth center they gave me a free check up. I was in labor, not good at four months along. I had told my ob/gyn of my cramping the week before and the poor guy was having so many personal problems at the time he didn't take it as seriously as he should have. The midwives saved my baby's life. They put me on bedrest. God saved my baby's life. He has plans for Rebecca here on this earth. Yes He does. I'm listening to: The theme to Spellbound (1945) soundtrack. My daughter, Joycie bought it this morning and I'm so glad she did, it is so, so beautiful. I could listen to it over and over again... One thing I'm starting to read today: The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry I thought this quote was so funny from The Gift of the Magi, I've been there and can relate and I guess that is why it made me smile so. "There was clearly nothing to do but flop down on the shabby little couch and howl. So Della did it. Which instigates the moral reflection that life is made up of sobs, sniffles, and smiles, with sniffles predominating." I was so tickled by the word choice, howl. Only O. Henry could get away with that one. Hope everyone is having a lovely week, I'm a bit fatigued and that affects everything. It's a beautiful day here and I'm getting ready to sip on some hot tea in a big mug and take my doglets on a walk. Hope you enjoyed this basically uncooked blog of mine. So much to be thankful for. Blessings to All! Love, ~Amelia

2 comments:

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

Those are lovely flowers!

Happy Belated Birthday to Rebecca. I enjoyed reading her/your story. God is so faithful.

Hugs to you!

Amelia said...

Yes, as you know well in your life praises as well, God is truly so faithful. We have so much to be thankful for!

Thanks for your sweet comments Carmen.

xxxooo <3 ~Mrs. Amelia