Sunday, April 17, 2022

Time Square Church, A Good Sermon by Carter Conlon and a Recipe by Adorable Clara (edited my addition)

 

.

 

Things have been busy lately, just doing life and feeling rather behind (really behind) on things but I thought this sermon was definitely worth sharing.   I have a special place in my heart for Time Square Church in New York, this is where David Wilkerson was pastor.  You can find many of the late David Wilkerson's sermons online too.


I remember years ago when our little girls were small I called for prayer, I had suddenly lost my step-daddy of a heart attack and then we  moved to the country as scheduled,  unknowing that sad tragic event of losing my step dad was going to happen, everything was so new to me, my friends were long distance and you can imagine. My two little girls lost their best friend.  My baby at the time was not going to know Al, my step dad. It was bad, very bad.  

 

 My little baby, a toddler would run up to silver haired men at the grocery store and put her little arms around their legs thinking they were Al.  No one could relate to my huge loss because they hadn't lost anyone at their youngish adult age.  I would walk in a room full of people and feel so alone, trying to visit new churches was almost cruel for me because people just didn't know us or what I had recently been through, and if they did know they didn't seem to understand.  

 

As I called for prayer, a lady answered the phone and she talked just like David Wilkerson and shared with me her similar experiences as I was going through and her private adventures with God....Her name was Ruth, she was David Wilkerson's sister and was so kind to me that day back in '91. 

 

I'll always remember her sharing her adventures as she and her dog would go on prayer walks in also in the country as she would talk to the Lord and back then she would go on adventures with God even going to the Christian bookstore asking for God's guidance.  

 

I still think of Ruth and I too have adventures with God here in the country as He leads, guides and loves me as a wonderful Father listening to His little girl. 

I love Jesus

..............................

 

Here's a neat recipe from beloved Clara, my Italian wannabe friend, I smile, she is just so typical of the more sweet and down-to-earth Italians. 

 

.

EDIT:  4.18.22   I added a couple of splashes of Mezzetta pasta gravy, a little spinach, a little asparagus and served our soup over gluten free spaghetti.   Enjoy! 

EDIT: 4.19.22   I'm going to try it over  buttered toast next!  That sounds pretty good actually, it might be better than over pasta. Stay tuned.

 

loading ... Photo by Robert Stock

I hope all is well with all, oh my goodness, I'm gardening, sewing, cooking, all the while enjoying finding new recipes etc. but also feeling a bit discouraged and overwhelmed with keeping up with other work here.

This contains an image of:  On the bright side, I think this photo is so cute of two of our little grandsons...they have discovered MiMi's push button light.  They look like two little farmers!

 

I hope you enjoy the Carter Conlon sermon, he is a more tried and true established pastor.  

 

Today I think of Jesus and what He did for me on the cross, what a Savior and what a Friend we have in Jesus. 


This contains an image of:  If this blog is an encouragement and is beneficial to you please leave a brief comment, I appreciate that so very much.

15 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely to spend time reading your writing tonight and thankyou for sharing the little treasures from your journey with God thus far. He is ever so faithful to us and sees us through all our various seasons if we will only cleave to Him. Bless you, may he be your strength as you cope with all that you have to do right now. - Linda xo

Sandi said...

So sweet to see your grandkids enthralled by the light!

Michelle said...

Such a neat story about David Wilkerson's sister encouraging you that day!

Will try to listen to that sermon soon. He has some really good ones that Josh and I enjoy listening to!

So cute of the grand boys! They sure love all of Mimi's neat stuff!

Pretty pic of you!

Little Mama Mia said...

Sounds like a very good sermon... I will try to listen soon as well. Carter Conlon sure seems so genuine and a true man of God.

And how neat that you got to have such a memorable chat with Ruth Wilkerson! She sounds like a wonderful person. God seems to give us divine appointments like that just when we need it, doesn't He?

I love the Jesus picture and the video of the Italian lady sounds like a joy... will play soon.

Pic of the boys is so adorable and pic of you is very pretty!

Little Mama Mia said...

Just watched the video of Clara... that is great. She is so adorable and now I want to make her soup recipe! I didn't know Italians had a version of egg drop soup but it looks delicious!

Amelia said...

Aw Linda...Thank you dear one, I appreciate your kind words so very much. God bless you Linda, I hope all is well there as you are keeping your sweet home. xo ~Amelia

Amelia said...

Hi Sandi, Yes, it was funny, they love any little clicker or button they can find. I have a couple of lamps, one with a clicker and that one with the awesome button cord that saves me from tripping over myself in the dark early in the morning! lol

Amelia said...

Thank you Michelle, that sermon really is a good one, he speaks quite a bit on repentance and spiritual things that are very important in this time we are in. Not many preachers like him anymore...Oh how I miss David Wilkerson too. When I spoke to Ruth Wilkerson, she said 'God' just exactly like her brother David Wilkerson did...That's when I knew and asked her who she was. Her words still bring forth meaning and have helped me through life.

Amelia said...

Oh Lea, you must make the soup recipe! Use plenty of onion. I used a splash or two of Mezzetta, Braggs aminos, a little spinach and asparagus too with the egg and potatoes. I also ladled it over gf pasta. Clara is a darling isn't she? She has some great recipes. Her cookbook sounds like a hit too.

Yes, Carter Conlon is tried and true, oh how I wish there were more of him, I miss David Wilkerson very much. ...But his sermons are online let's not forget.

Thank you!

Marianna said...

That is so sweet abt Ruth Wilkerson! We should never underestimate the power of encouraging words at the right time — reminds me of that verse in Proverbs abt apples of gold. Also, that’s special that she has that testimony to share with you from a similar experience; God doesn’t waste things! Now you can be Ruth to other people! The sermon sounds great and I hope to listen soon.

I will have to check out Clara’s video more! I’m so impressed that a 90 something year old would make videos! Young at heart! The soup sounds great.

The little boys are a mess! 😄

Amelia said...

Hi Marianna, thanks for coming by! Yes, yes, yes! May we all be Ruth Wilkersons! That's what it's all about isn't it? : ) May we be sold out to the Lord and Jesus with skin on so to speak to others. It's simple but many make it complicated. Without love, we are.... You know. ; )

Clara is such a darling...Her video channel is wonderful!

Those little boys are a scream at times! lol Yep, a mess indeed! Haha!

Rose said...

Hello Amelia, my fellow Italian Texas Sister!
Yes, I'm always looking to see if you've posted! I enjoy your blog, your style of writing very much.
God bless you and your little boys are so sweet. Such a blessing for all of you.
It's so precious that your daughters read and join in on your blog.
Thank you for the sermon suggestion. I often go back and look at your holiday movie recommendations to go through and watch them! We have seen most of your lists now!
Stay vigilant, our family sees the same things you have written about.
❤🤍💙

Amelia said...

Awwww Rose! So great to read your precious comment!

Thank you so very much for your encouragement, it was a Gift to me today. : )

*sigh* So much going on, but I know God is there watching right? My husband suggested I read the last chapter in Daniel, and it is very interesting.

Aren't those old movies so wonderful? I can put those on and it takes me to another world, another place and then I think too that homemakers then and even in those movies were going through WWII, even our stars like Jimmy Stewart were involved in D Day, he was a lead squadron officer, it's amazing.

Yes, let's be vigilant, it's so great to see someone aware. Many really don't seem all that aware and I know some who are silent are avoiding the stress and I truly understand, me too on many a day. But then you see some making light of things and believing things still they should not, not even looking into things.

I reiterate dear friend and encourager, your comment was a Gift! I love the name, Rose, so Italian! Someone very dear to me has that name.

The same moon over me is over you in this great state. God's blessings and care to you Rose. I appreciate you! <3

Christine said...

Reading your post, in empathy & sympathy, I could feel your sorrow and pain, missing Al.

Sharing your feelings, always impresses me becasue I find it so very hard to do.

Thank you for introducing Clara, your Italian wannabe friend!

Amelia said...

Hello Christine, Your comment means the world, thank you for understanding and feeling my heart here. Just the fact that you wrote what you did shows you understand both the hurts, the victories and God's faithfulness in life.

You are an encourager and I think that is great Christine, not all are encouragers like you.

Clara is a sweetie isn't she? I love her because she reminds me of what is right and good with the old world Italians, some of the big city ones unfortunately did not keep those precious qualities.

Thank you for being you Christine! I appreciate you.