Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mrs. Amelia's Daybook

loading ... ~Photo by Classicstock.com

I thought I would do a Simple Woman's Daybook for a change. They are fun to do. : ) If you would like to see the format and the writer-originator of these delightful prompts, please google Simple Woman's Daybook.


Outside my window... ~I hear the neighbor's yardman mowing...A wee bit close for comfort as far as noise level. ; )

I am thinking... ~of some young acquaintances, who are quite the chameleons...changing their colors to suit themselves for the time, so very sad. God is the Revealer and it is shameful what they have been and are doing. How ugly. They have tried to hurt our family in some of the worst possible ways. But what a Friend we have in Jesus! And what is important at this time is that our family keep our heart right before the Lord.

I am thankful for... ~a great family from the Lord, a wonderful husband who stands for the Lord and four very sweet beautiful girls who are living for Jesus blamelessly. So glad and thankful as well for other families who are pursuing the Lord and living sweet lives in Christ. We had a wonderful time at Family Camp too, it was a quiet contemplative time for me, the grounds were breathtaking.... but also a special time in the Lord too. I've never seen such sweet families in one place at one time. What a blessing, it was like a little bit of Heaven, almost as if we were back to the 40s or 50s...Magnificent. Encouraging in so many ways.

I am wearing... ~a pair of lightweight beige feminine capris and one of my favorite tops I made; a pretty cotton sweetheart neckline long length blouse, light beige & dark green with reverse impression of tiny green fallish leaves. I am also sporting a kinda-cute shorter curly haircut that I am so happy about. I'm going with my natural wavy-curly! How liberating and fun! My husband loves it! Check out the "Curly Girl" book, it is great, very valuable tool for those with hidden waves and curls. I don't smile upon every little thing written but as a whole I don't know of any book like it for wavy-curly hair. My dd25 and I are almost matching in our hair-dos these days! Imagine that? Neat. : )
~Our 25 dd, Marianna

In the learning room... ~there are laptops & books, my youngest daughter running water in the kitchen area, watercolor set at the table.

I am remembering... ~how God is Faithful and how blessed we are.

I am going... ~to the kitchen to think about supper and brew a sweet cup of coffee with a nice pretty puff of whipped cream...*happy sigh*

I am currently reading... ~"Rescuing Sprite" by Mark Levin and "All Creatures Great and Small" by James Herriot

I am hoping... ~that next week will be grand!

On my mind... ~the state of the average church

Noticing that... ~I need to dry my towels! : P

Pondering these words... words of the message being spoken live on Sermon Index's Revival Conference...How so many are so taken up with complicating the gospel that they cannot even love, I wonder if those who do that really know the Lord who wants us to love Him, others and hate sin? They are so busy arguing their pet doctrines, many times attacking others they are IN sin just like the Pharisees, loving their sin and many times sinning in secret. We are the Light and the Glory of God, how will men know the Truth if we do not love and care for others blamelessly. Please tell me if the drunk under the bridge, the unwed mother or the widow cares about pet doctrine?
They must see Jesus in us. : )

From the kitchen... ~a big chicken in the crockpot being slowly cooked with lemon pepper seasoning

Around the house... ~spending time with my youngest little 16 year old as she did her school, watched a David Barton video on the Constitution and watched her watercolor as we watched some precious old "Leave it to Beaver" programs, we laughed so hard on so many of them! Those were the sitcoms in our country at one time, oh my how far we have gone as a country. It's a bit sad to me at times.

One of my favorite things ~my four daughters, they are so fun, mature beyond their years but still so full of life and a joy, great sense of humors!

From my 21 year old daughter's camera...~this is our new home in the country as it is being finished...

And one more? Hubs trying to handle an ill-working ditch-witch for the electrical and drainage.

And last but not least, here's two parts of what my precious young 16 year old and I saw today on Leave it to Beaver. Oh my. The nerve of some young women! (Check out all parts of this one on youtube if you like) I think Mr. & Mrs. Cleaver should have been more sensitive to little Beaver in the end. Poor little guy.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amelia,
It was so much fun to read this post, see pictures of your house & hear about your curly hair! Your house is going to be such a wonderful place & I'm so excited for you! I just happened to decide to let my hair be curly today too. :) My kids are taking horsemanship classes and I have some pictures posted on some of my entries. You just might enjoy seeing those.:)
I LOVE Leave it to Beaver and the kids and I all laughed and had a great time watching these clips. Thanks so much for sharing this blog and this entry! Love and (((hugs))) to you!

Marianna said...

coffee and curly hair... ya can't get much better than that. ;) Your hair looks so cute curly!! <3

(I am so loving this Sara Grove's video from the last post...!)

Jane B. Gaddy said...

Amelia, sweetheart in the true meaning of the word! I so related to everything you said in the first part of your post. Having been in the ministry for aeons (now retired, and no, I don't mind that a bit!) I know how people can hurt you so bad you think you'll never get over it. But, God giveth more grace! I loved every word you said and truly admire you for being one great wife and mother, and I know you would be the friend to die for.

The house is looking great. Will you be in by Christmas?

Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog. I love, love, love seeing your face pop up.

My best and lots of love,
Jane BG