Friday, January 22, 2021

Reflection of the World?

 
Within the church we have made a reflection of the world. There’s the cool crowd and “it” circle that only wants to associate with certain people which reveals a heart of haughtiness. If this is you, then repent. When you realize God’s love for you, then you want to pour out that love upon others.
A loving heart seeks out those who need love. A loving heart is bold. It doesn’t make excuses on why it can’t love. If you ask for it God is going to put people in your life who need your love. It’s time for a change. Allow the love of God to change you and compel you to make sacrifices.

Quote from Bible Reasons 

 

Jem was just saying what a shame it is what the church has become, most have fear and no faith.  Fear is destroying people.  It ought not be in the church, in Christian's lives.

And may I add neither should cool crowds or the "it" circles.

 

I'm busy trying to get my home in order here, I usually do that thing at the beginning of each year, it comes naturally for me after the holidays as I put my Christmas things away making winter something to celebrate, I sort through things and give away.   

There are people who need me and my attention as well as my fur angels, it may be the delivery lady who walks with a limp who delivered two heavy boxes of produce to us today from her farm as Grace and I went to meet her at her truck today to help carry the boxes.  I always try to stop and smile and chat for just a few minutes and thank people.  As Jem says, there's nothing much worse than ungratefulness.   

I want to be all there for people and take notice of even little things someone may do, to say thank you, I appreciate that.   I want to be like my dad who when he saw poor children he would buy them a huge load of fireworks for the Fourth of July or a Christmas present if it was Christmas.  

I'll never forget the time I sent my dad a music cd from ebay, the vendor was "Fast Eddy".  Daddy sent "Fast Eddy" a handwritten thank-you note telling him he made his day before he realized the cd was from me...Yeah, Daddy was like that and I think that was and is still great.  That humorous story still warms my heart.  

I want to be like my mom who I never heard gossip on the phone growing up.  She always worries about others til this day, even when my friend was given a baby shower my mother who wasn't even invited bought my friend a baby gift to help out because she knew my friend didn't have much.  ...That's the way I want to be.  I want to be grateful, thankful and observant of others' needs, whatever the need encompasses.  

 

God help me to be discerning, bold but saturated with love.


True character is what we are when we don't think anyone else is looking.  It may be how we treat others who we perceive as being of lesser status whether it be a waiter or someone who we do not perceive as the "it" crowd.  

Girl hugging an elephant Art Print by John Drysdale ... by John Drysdale

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Love the elephant picture!

Yes, may we all remember this definition of true character and then live it out with honesty and grace.

Abbi said...

Yes, being saturated with love is my goal as well. I have a lot of work to do but I am making progress.

Glenda said...

This is a wonderful post. Thank you.

Amelia said...

Thank you Barbara, the elephant picture is one of my favorites.

Yes, may we live the Life with that honesty and grace, being in tune to others as you often do.

Amelia said...

Hello Abbi, So very nice to hear from you. Yes, God is working on us all, we're all works in progress, like an onion, one layer at a time. Thank you so, so much for taking the time to come by and comment, it was a wonderful surprise.

Amelia said...

Thank you Glenda for taking the time to come and comment, your comment is a Gift to me, your encouragement is so appreciated. Blessings to you.

Patti said...

I am running behind on visiting (and emailing you). My computer was having issues last week, but Gary got things figured out. Some sort of malware was slowing things down so pages took hours to load, if they loaded at all. But things are cleaned up, and now all is well!

I so agree with you about the "it" crowd in churches. The last place clicks should be seen is in the church. But, sadly, they are. We have begun attending a new church, as the church where we are members hasn't been meeting but is doing live-streaming (which we will not do). In this new church, only our chiropractor (who we have known for years) comes up to talk to us. Everyone we talk to is us going up to them. We get there early, and we sit there just the two of us, while others stand around in their little friend groups, talking away, completely oblivious to the fact that there are newcomers to their church who are being ignored.

If the church treats her own that way, they are probably not doing much better to the unbelievers who might walk in the door. Missions begins in your own hometown...to every person who crosses your path. Everyone needs to be loved and to know they matter.

Yes, this is a soapbox issue for me.

Love,
Patti

Amelia said...

Yes Patti! Oh my goodness... Unbelievable what we see right? As you write, the very, very last place should be church that we see this! Once when our girls were little years ago I sat as a new person and two women on either side of me started talking to each other over me. Another time recently at a church I was waiting in line at the ladies' room and just standing there and women would come up to each other and hug each other chatting right before my face. Inches from my face. I'll stop...But I know exactly what you are saying. A church we tried so hard at last year? They would publicly announce baby showers for 'certain' babies but then would not dedicate my daughter and son in law's baby because my daughter and son in law were not official members...But they took our tithes. The pastor was friends with my son in law and knew the spiritual pedigree etc. So. That was a disappointment. (not that that should have mattered!) And don't get me on the cliques at the restaurants after church from people who should know better. Ya know? Ya just want to wack them in the head with your purse sometimes right? LOL

I so hear your heart sister. Oh wow do I hear it. It's a good lesson on how *not* to be right? My old friend and I would always go back to the...Look what they did to Jesus.

And I should say, my daughter who had the misfortune at the one church? They found another church that was polar opposite, the pastor was so kind. He even offered to bring a Bible to their home when he found out the baby's name was misspelled on the one given at the baby's dedication. He made it a point to say from the pulpit that *all* were welcome there as he knew what they had gone through. Yes, they will know we are Christians by our love.

It's a soapbox issue for me too, oh my goodness I could write a novel on it. Love to you! Amelia