Friday, January 15, 2021

Be Encouraged, Challenged and Informed EDITED

   Hi, how do I look?  I love green don't you?  I think this lady is a genuine glamor girl don't you?   Don't you wish we wore hats sometimes?  I love the style from this era, the ladies we see in Chariot's of Fire movie.  I love that style, and I dress similar in that way many days...minus the hat.  My Italian grandma had this kind of hat in her old photos when she was young and newly married.  I wear my hair long so I can throw it in a bun or ponytail, or some half up and length in the back.  I've always preferred wearing my hair pulled away from my face, never felt super comfortable with it hanging down on me. So if we did wear hats I would easily be able to pull the look off.  I often wonder though....Where did those gals store all of those hats???



  Muffie is being tended to and feeling better, things go back and forth just like us when we are healing.  I'ts a bit of a routine giving various meds.

  Something I made this week.  My daughter, Zuzu came over with a  boatload of crafting supplies a neighbor did not want any longer so she instructed on how to make this oh-so-cute banner.  I thought I would do the hearts in green so it would be more neutral and I can carry through past Valentines and year round if I desire.  The ribbons are black and white gingham. The pendants are muslin drawstring bags cut in two pieces, (Michelle figures this entire gig out)  ...trimmed with pinking shears and using the drawstring to tie the pendants together.  I glued the hearts on with felt I had cut into hearts.   No sewing in this project. 


I've been busy gradually putting things up from Christmas very gradually keeping berries and a winter theme...very, very natural.

 As you can see below I have my trees up, I love, love, love that dreamie look with the white lights at night and throughout the day... but have made it a winter theme and put a few of my loved collected old books, some are Grace Livingston Hill and Henty (you should read some of the inscriptions from years, and years gone by)  ...along with my little deer and some early 50s Johnson vintage ice skates.

.




EDIT  1.19   Psalms 37:37  Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright:  for the end of that man is peace.

I hope and pray the churches get their act together...

It would be so much better if we as Christians would be more encouraging and truly walk in love even here on our blogs.  I think it would do everyone a whole lot of good to encourage one another and reciprocate as we are able.  My, how we need it these days as as I'm sure you know, our nation is at a crossroad.

Thank you for those who are faithful friends here, showing appreciation and follow-up in appropriate ways. I appreciate you so much. 


 

 

Hope you all are doing well, keeping in that prayer closet.  That is where our Victor's wreath will be.  Don't do anything or say anything you would not want to be found doing or heard saying when the Lord comes back or if you had Jesus sitting with you.


 

Isaiah 32:17      And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

6 comments:

Patti said...

I have bookmarked those 2 videos and will watch them later today. It's an ordeal to listen to things on my computer, as the speakers don't work (thanks to a Windows update over a year ago). I have to connect to a portable speaker. I definitely agree that the church needs to get her act together. She has become complacent!!
Oh, I love hats...though in reality, I think I just like the idea of them. They don't look very good on me. But in all the old movies, I always marvel at them. Last night, we watched 1942's The Major and the Minor, with Ginger Rogers and Ray Milland. One of the hats Ginger wore was super cute.
I just finished reading Ribbon of Years, and I highly recommend it to you. It's written by Robin Lee Hatcher (who lives here in Idaho). It's the story of a woman's life from age 15 to 80. Trial after trial comes her way, but she clings to her Lord. Definitely an inspiring, challenging, faith-building read.

Love,
Patti

Amelia said...


Patti, Ginger Rogers, she is such a neat actress, just love her. Now you have me curious on that hat! I need to revisit the movie soon. I'm reading a book called "If My Heart Had Wings, A World War II Love Story", so far so good!

I remember wearing a new lady's fedora type hat that dipped in the front that I purchased from a department store back then for homecoming years ago. It was fun to dress vintage even then.

Take care and thanks so much for the book suggestion, will definitely be looking into that one.

Love, Amelia

Sherry said...

i'll listen tomorrow afternoon..
bedtime is soon.
i was warned on social media that commenting with *silly rabbit* is considered *possible violent intent.* so there's that. gracious sakes.

Amelia said...

Hi Sherry, Great, hope you enjoy.

Oh me oh my. Oh wow....Sometimes we don't know whether to laugh or cry right?

Sweet sleep my friend!

Barbara said...

Commenting on the topic of hats, yes, I wonder, too, where those gals stored all their hats. Most closets in the homes of their era were quite a bit smaller than what we see in more recent houses. I happen to have a black cloche hat I found at Sears a few years ago. I've worn it only once, maybe twice. It was such fun. Wish we lived in a time when hats were more common.

No comments from me this time on current events. Just prayer. May God help us all.

Amelia said...

Just think Barbara, if we still wore hats I wouldn't have to worry about my hairdo so much...Hm. Might be nice. When I got married the veil had such a nice built in hat on the crown of my head, I thought it was great, no flat hair. I bet your cloche is adorable. I miss Sears...