Monday, October 19, 2020

Show N Tells, Pumpkin Muffins and Autumn Music to Enjoy

 

So many outfits can be made from accessories!  Here's some things that jazz up a solid colored outfit:

 

A Fall Outfit

My fall scarf I made.  I love the little forest fox creatures on it, it's a very lightweight lawn cotton fabric, perfect for fall, and since I made it myself, it's wide and long...It hangs just so with some body.

.

The little forest foxes remind us of our little Dachsund, Peanut.  Or rather Peanut reminds us of a little Forest creature... Peanut was rescued from the country roads in the severe cold last Thanksgiving by my son in law, can you imagine my surprise when I opened the door and saw this little pilgrim in my daughter's arms!

.

 

For me, solid black is a great backdrop that makes me feel confident and put together.  I know it's fall when I break the black turtlenecks out!

.

My double breasted black coat is from Walmart online, it's the Faded Glory brand and I've had this coat since '14.   

 

 

My favorite fall necklace from one of my favorite books and movies,  'To Kill a Mockingbird'  My daughter gave this to me.

.

 

A favorite pin, a sweet Nightingale sitting sweetly on my coat collar.  An Etsy find.  I think it was under $7.

.

 

A pair of zippered vegan ankle boots.  From Walmart, a great value at around 20.00 last year online, they are the Time n Tru brand. Great little boots. The sole and heel are a rubber, they do well on a rainy day. 

 

 

 

 Around Here:

We can spruce things up with fresh paint and a good clean out using mostly what we have if we narrow down to a theme of sorts and use whatever makes us happy.

Sprucing up my Laundry Room

I've Been Working on my Laundry Room to make it pretty.   Jem painted the walls a very soothing light pale yellow reminiscent of the breakfast area and even my nursery of my old home when I was tiny child in our sweet 30s home.   We used white trim on the shelves.  I have some cute vintage Christmas plaques that my daughters gave me last year and I had fun putting them in the laundry room last year.  I'm carrying through with the Christmas theme as you will see.  I will have Christmas in my laundry room year round!  Why not? 


What's "Up'?

Grace gave me this adorable little plaque for Mother's Day a couple of years ago.

.

Look at these beautiful canvases I picked up at Walmart!  They are hanging above my utility sink, they definitely have elements of Christmas in them.  Who wouldn't love these canvas prints?  At $7.88 a piece?  What a bargain!   There are even brush marks on them, very nice canvas prints.


The plaques Zuzu gave me last year, so vintage.

.

 

 

Joycie gave me this neat metal Christmas doggy last year, she found at an antique store.

.

 .

Our daughter, Joycie gave me this one, it has a pale yellow background too. 

.

 

This is a very old cardboard sign from the old passenger trains from years ago, this was something my dad had, I'm thinking it's from back when he was in military school or traveling to college back then.  This is one side...  I have this near our door from the laundry room to outside.

.

 Ha, I kind of like the opposite side! 
.

 Gregory Peck agrees.

.

 

In The Forest

Yesterday Morning

.

 Liesl and Gracie were very interested in the top of the fig tree... What is it?  This is Liesl looking up.  Do you see a creature up in the tree?

.

 

Oh me oh my!  It's a Possum!

.

 He was cute, he had long black eyelashes, what a sweet little forest creature!  I think he must have been enjoying our figs, and that's okay they are way at the top, we will share.  Every Italian family has a couple of fig trees. 

.

 

 

Hope Everyone is Doing Well...

I hope everyone's okay this most wonderful fall season.  In our rural neighborhood it's quite a gathering of Trump signs everywhere!  We have an unusual area, you really don't know who is here exactly.  We have a Dr. of Geology nearby, we have a retired U.S. General even here.  Quite a few law enforcement folks are here including swat team.  A very ecletic mix.  The main highways are smattered with huge Trump signs in every direction.   Jem and I went to vote and it was wonderful, so many people voting early like never before.  America at it's finest. 

  

Lately...

Autumn evenings are relaxing...Jem and I watched a James Taylor concert the other night and had fun relaxing, it was like really being there at the concert!...Making runs to the kitchen for treats of pumpkin muffins or popcorn fits the bill nicely...Here's an off the cuff photo, this is what my photographer daughter calls "ghetto photography", reflections in windows, televisions...wherever. One of my runs to the kitchen...snapped a shot.  Kind of a fun effect. 

 

Recipe:

I made my pumpkin muffins with almond flour and pyure stevia mix sweetener, maple extract works instead of the syrup.    The fragrance was soooooo nice! 

loading ...  Vintage  Photos by Robert Stock

Here's the recipe I used that my daughter makes!   PUMPKIN MUFFINS RECIPE.   Thanks Joycie!



loading ...   I hope you are enjoying the fall, using time wisely.  Time is our currency as the old Chris Rice song goes. Even though we are empty nesters in a way except for our youngest adult daughter who is a very busy gal, I try to keep myself busy.  I divide my time up during the day a bit like classes in school.  I have exercise time, create time, cook time, gardening time, reading and resting time.  It works!  We have to make our own fun and not depend on others to make us happy.

 

How do I love God?... By doing beautifully the work I have been given to do, by doing simply that which God has entrusted to me, in whatever form it may take.  

~Mother Teresa

 

 

 Some Music to Share...

How about some mellow vintage artists as we sip our coffee....

 

.

 How about something more upbeat?  Some cheerful Vince Guaraldi  music?



 

 

 

Until the next time....


 

Every day is a Gift we've been given.  Let's make the most of that time.

 

Hope everyone is doing well!  May we lift our country up in prayer.

 

God be with you Dear Ones,     ~Amelia in the Forest

 


Proverbs 24:11     Deliver those who are drawn toward death, And hold back those stumbling to the slaughter.

 Seven Things God Hates.

One of those things are hands that shed innocent blood.

A Beautiful Prayer for Repentance and Restoration.

13 comments:

Patti said...

So much to talk about!! First of all, I love fall, and I adore fall clothes, especially scarves. Yours is gorgeous! I love those cute little foxes. I don't sew, so I have to buy scarves. I've got some beautiful ones, but making my own would give me a better selection of fabrics. I wear black leggings and a black jacket, mostly with colorful t-shirts and scarves.

Little Peanut is adorable. I am a hound dog lover. I have 2 beagles on earth, 1 in heaven, and my son has 1. So, that little plaque is adorable to me.

Yay for a lot of Trump signs. My neighborhood has several, but there are areas of town where all I see are Biden signs. I already cast my vote for Trump----we voted early last week.

I adore Gregory Peck. Watched him in Roman HOliday just last week. That was the movie that started my love affair with classic films.

Heading off Wednesday morning to visit my parents. Will be home November 1st, very late in the evening. My mom told me they are expecting snow on my arrival day. I will be wearing my boots for sure---they are like yours, cute little black ankle boots.

Blessings,
Patti

Amelia said...

Hello Patti! Yes, lots to talk about in my little newsletter of sorts! Ha! Scarves are so great, they make an outfit look so put together I think. I'm so glad you like my whimsical fox scarf! I usually don't make my own but I had bought the fabric not knowing exactly what I would do with it and a scarf seemed to fit the bill! *big smile*. Your black outfit sounds so elegant, especially with the booties. I think you are very smart to keep a basic black outfit and accent with colors, that's the way to go. *big smile*

Peanut, our little Dauchsund is truly like having a little forest creature in our home. We have five dogs, quite a variety too. Your beagles sound wonderful. When I was a little girl I had a little Beagle, his name was Cutie. I know you must miss your fur angels who have crossed over to Heaven, I miss mine too. Anyone who looks in these precious animal's eyes...They should be able to see into that window as God does too. They are definitely sentient beings. They also sense various spiritual things, good and bad. It's amazing.

Oh Roman Holiday! I need to watch that again soon! One of our favorites. To Kill a Mockingbird is on the list to watch soon as well for the fall. Oh Atticus, such a part Gregory Peck played so well, it seems as if that was truly Gregory Peck naturally. Harper Lee has written it was very much so. I need to watch that Roman Holiday soon too, such a cheerful movie, and once again, oh that Gregory! And Audrey is altogether lovely, love the missing shoe scene...

Have you ever seen the tribute to Gregory Peck? It's wonderful with his daughter and wife, Veronica, so pretty, the both of them. One of my daughters always said she would marry Gregory Peck but he was living impaired. ; ) lol

I hope you have a fun time with your parents! Snow! How wonderful!!! (Does happy dance clapping hands!) Maybe you can watch, Holiday Inn with your parents?

God bless you Patti, I appreciate you!

Barbara said...

My sister and her husband had a possum take up residence in one of their garages about a month ago. His addition to knocking things off shelves every night, he also left "evidence" of his habits. They eventually were able to chase him out and then stopped leaving the door open. I think hanging out in a fig tree is a much better place for a possum!

Amelia said...

Haha! Yes those little creatures are rather elusive and tricky! We had one in our laundry room in the burbs! He had slipped into the house some how some way! Poor little guy was scared to death. He finally made an exit! Yes, I agree. A fig tree is much better, in this way we enjoy and appreciate his or her visits a lot more! *big smile*

Christine said...

Oh...you truly are an animal lover!!! This post says it all.

I'm always excited to bring out the warmer clothes. Love the boot!

Glad there are Trump signs in your neighborhood. Yesterday, I saw only one sign and it was for Biden.😟

Praying Praying Praying as we get closer to voting.

Amelia said...

Christine, *big smile* Haha! Yes, I guess my post does say it all on my love for animals. lol

I love the boots that Walmart offers, they do last quite a while, I've collected several pair too over the past several years. I just plop my insole in and I'm good to go! : )

Thank the Lord, we have tons of Trump signs here, it's almost like a Trump train! lol Even going down the highways to various towns, it's America at it's finest, I've only seen 4 B signs in a large area of the state.

You can count on me to pray with you, I know there are others here also praying as well. I appreciate you!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a lovely cheerful post. I like your dog.

Do you get a lot of fogs? This year I managed top get six fix from our tree. It is a record. I'll have to start supplying our supermarkets at this rate.

Had to study To Kill A Mocking Bird at school.

Many good films by Gregory Peck. Remember him in Guns of Navarone? One of his best.

God bless, Amelia.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

OK ... my computer has gone mad. I meant FIGS not fogs or fix.

God bless.

Naomi (Angel Numbers) said...

Fall is my favorite season. Scarves are perfect for this time of the year. Yours is so colorful and different. It looks really nice with the black coat. Regards Naomi https://divineangelnumbers.com/

Amelia said...

Thanks Victor! Six figs? Oh my, yes you should be in a competition with the farmer's market! *big smile* We have a couple of seasons a year when our fig trees really produce! Our trees were cuttings from my father in law's trees years ago.

I love To Kill a Mockingbird, such a neat, neat book and movie. It reminds me of my childhood a bit too. I've listened to the book on tape too and it's very good being read by Sissy Spacek with her southern accent. Oh yes! Guns of Naverone! That is a good adventure suspense movie. The Timex watch that David Niven or Anthony Quinn one wears when they are counting something or another down (probably a bomb or something!), it's an old fashioned wind-up Timex. My dad had one just like it, I tried to find an old one on ebay for hubs, it worked for a while. But yes. Guns of Naverone. That's a wowee adventure classic, our family likes that one too when looking for an adventure movie.

Take care now Victor, I appreciate you coming by! God bless!

Amelia said...

Hello Naomi, How kind of you to come by! Thank you so much! I think there's a quote that goes something like...."Fall, the second spring" I love fall too, the lighting outside is wonderful and I enjoy getting up when still dark in the morning to get my coffee and pray. Thank you so much on the compliment, I bought the fabric and finally decided on a scarf. Do you sew?

God bless you Naomi! Please come by again!

Terra said...

Your little Peanut is so cute, and I like the fox scarf you made, and those two paintings of the dog and cat with the Christmas theme. Lots of fun things going on at your house.

Amelia said...

Thank you Terra! Little Peanut is sleeping right beside me here on the couch at this very moment, he's a cuddle bunny. Thank you for your encouraging words on my scarf and the Christmas themed laundry decorations in my laundry room. I decided my laundry room should be a fun little room that makes me smile. : ) Here in the forest there is always something going on...Possums in the tree, deer family sleeping in the morning near our back door and then they awake and the youthful deer play chase...it's really cute.

Do you live in a rural area too?

Blessings to you! Please come by again!