Sunday, May 30, 2021

Sermon for Sunday. Carter Conlon: Is it Time to Run From Your Church? A Few Glimpses Here.

Carter Conlon:   Is it Time to Run From Your Church?

 


I thought this banner in my garden was very appropriate.

Thanking God for, and honoring our veterans who gave their all.   We greatly appreciate them so, so much.   Words cannot convey.



I hope everyone has been well, as we keep our eyes upon Jesus....


My mornings are a special time with the Lord...

.

Just the other morning, I met a new coffee buddy, a sweet little doe out my window, God's creatures are such wonderful companions...

  

 

Mo Mo, she's a very sweet and delicate kitty, it's so funny, Liesl is a large dog and for some reason, Liesl is very afraid of Mo Mo.  Both animals are so sweet but Mo Mo gives Liesl that look.

 

Mo-Mo, guarding Big Blue

 

.

This is sweet Liesl taking an afternoon nap with little Muffie...Liesl is so sweet and doesn't let it bother her a bit that little blind Muffie stumbled into the bed there and she more then willing shared her spot. 

 
the average dog is a nicer person than the average person. -andy rooney   True! : )   ...I think we all can understand this quote at times!

 

Been keeping up with the garden:

.

White patty squash from my garden, isn't it so pretty?   

 

 

Country mouse, city mouse...

 .

These are little ministry bags, at least that is what I call them.  I buy the brown lunch bags and fill them with a large bottled water or two depending on the heat of the day, a couple of individual serve pre-wrapped peanut butter cracker sandwich packs, a couple of prepackaged fruit cups, a couple of plastic spoons, napkins, and a good Christian tract or two.   When we go to downtown many times we are at a stop light and there will be a person who lives on the streets who comes to the window for change, I have these bags handy to give to them through the window of our car and we give them the  biggest loving smile ever and tell them Jesus loves you, keep your eyes on Him!   We also know there are churches in the area where they can get a hot meal almost every day of the week.  I've been trying to be diligent in giving tracts and leaving them in restrooms, ya know?  If we really believe in eternity...Shouldn't we act upon that in warning others, giving them hope?  

 

 

 .

One of our sweet little grandsons with Jem, my husband.  God help this generation where we have even large homeschool groups seemingly as now wolves in sheep's clothing and so called conservative politicians that once walked with God but still attend church even singin' in the choir, appearing now as dishonest politicians, we see now they have in the past gladly taken huge amount of moneys from these groups so they will vote for the group's self serving and dangerous agenda. We would think that in this day and time these church going choir singin' politicians would be more discerning in lieu of the direction the nation is taking.  Oh God help us and I mean that sincerely.

And He will help us.   He sees all.

 

God wins.

 

"We're living in a generation where truth is falling into the streets...."     ~Carter Conlon 


God wins, we must pray, we must honestly and transparently repent on a daily basis and have integrity, whether it's writing a thank you note, refraining from an unkind word against someone that really doesn't need to be said even privately to our husbands, we need to keep a pure and a clean heart in these times and all times and have a sweet spirit.  Listen closely to the still small voice of the Lord.    Be careful of busyness, the lust of the world, money and power of position.  

 

My husband adds:   Seek first the kingdom of Heaven and it's righteousness and then all these things will be added.




 

Seek Him first in a personal way, He is there listening. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Amelia for this post this morning. Your blog is my favorite place to visit. I love that you are so steady, never wavering from your message. We need so much more of this. This introvert is reminded to be more outspoken about my faith and sharing the gospel message routinely which is my weakness. I’ve been reading your blog for a few years but have never until this morning commented back to you. Once I found you I went back and read from the beginning and I still skip around when I have a minute . I visit very few blogs on the internet and I hope you keep writing here. Thank you for sharing bits of your life also, if I lived near it would be fun sharing a cup of coffee with you over what I am sure would be a great conversation.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your faith and what it means to be a christian, and how we have to be aware everyday of repenting and walking steadily with Christ.

Kathy

Amelia said...

Kathy, I must say you have made my day. God bless you!

Oh would that not be so nice to have coffee? I'll have the pot on here anytime at all. : ) Your footprints here are a Gift to me and it's so nice to know you are there and walking with the Lord shoulder to shoulder with me.

One good thing about tracts or pamphlets is we can get some that echos our personality and says things like we would like to say them, then we can discreetly leave them, sometimes I'll give one to my checker at the store or for the waiter at a restaurant with our payment. When I give one to the checker I just hand them one and say with a gentle smile, and tell them: "I'm passing these out today." Not one time have I ever been shunned, they usually if not all the time smile back and say, "Thank you!"

I'm an introvert too of sorts but you cannot tell if you see me socializing, and it depends the crowd I'm in. As you can see, I write more effectively and more freely then spoken word. Your in good company with me as an introvert, I know how certain things can drain us!

Thank *you* Kathy! You are a Blessing! Keep shining for Jesus and being that encouragement as you are to me.

Amelia said...

Kathy, I also wanted to add that just being an encouragement to people like me is a ministry in itself. : )

Victor S E Moubarak said...

How kind and generous of you to prepare ministry bags with food. It is a sad world right now and whatever help we give to those less fortunate than ourselves will be smiled upon by God. Even writing Christian blogs. We never know who visits and does not comment.

God bless you.

Amelia said...

Thanks so much Victor! Your encouragement is a blessing! It's true, we just never know who visits. I try to blog for that audience of One as I know you understand too. I appreciate your comment and visits, you truly have a nice ministry of encouragement Victor right here in blogland and it is very appreciated. God bless.

Linda said...

I see your heart of mercy shining through as you hand out the ministry bags. What a sweet lady you are, your heart is in the right place and your focus in on our saviour ~ Hallelujah. Bless you sweet friend - Linda

Amelia said...

Linda, What a blessing you are, I so, so appreciate your sweet and kind spirit and that you took the time to come and bring joy and encouragement coupled with the love of a friend, thank you so,so very much. Your comment touched my heart. Love to you dear friend, it's so apparent the love of the Lord in your life. God bless you Linda! I appreciate you.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God bless you all.

Amelia said...

Blessings to you and yours as well!

Marianna said...

The pictures are all so serene and peaceful. I love the blessing bags for the homeless. Also, a good reminder to leave tracts! The sermons sounds excellent, and I love what you shared (and dad) at the very end. So, so true!!

Amelia said...

Marianna, Thank you so much for your sweet, precious and encouraging words. I'm so glad you were blessed by this blog entry! I've been listening to Nancy Campbell today, oh wow, she's such a jewel.

You're a jewel too, thanks for the encouraging comment dear one!