Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Up on the Roof at the Forest Cathedral...Yeah...

I love this song by James Taylor, James Taylor is my INFP "brother". ; )

When Jem and I ride down the country roads, sometimes city streets...we listen to this song.  We are up on the roof so to speak.
loading ...

When this old world starts to getting me down....and people are just too much... for me to face... ....On the roof it's Peaceful as can be...and there the world down below don't bother me....

Not only do I go up on the roof with Jem at times, but I go up on the roof with God and trade anxiety for His Peace and Company...

When people turn into this:   loading ... 

(To God's Creatures:  I hate to insult you in this manner, perhaps you could teach some humans some manners so they will not be called such slang)

To make a long story short...we can go up on the Roof with God when people get to us.

Love this song, it makes me smile: Up on the Roof by James Taylor


We can go up on the Roof!  : )

......

Projects

loading ...

My creative projects have been a lot of sewing lately....I sew for fun, designing as I go.  Sewing is so important I think, we can create what we may not see in the stores.  Also we can add to length, necklines etc. We can use a dressy material on a simple pattern if needed.  We can re-fashion a top from a skirt etc.  We can use un-used clothing, table cloths or sheets for that matter!  I really enjoy beating the system myself.  So, sew fun!
loading ... 

Creating is something we should do every day, even if only 10 minutes.  (I wish I could remember where I read that!)  ...God Creates and He likes us to Create too!  : )  

Four Favorites:

See & Sew B4957:  I only need 2 yards for this!  I use either bias tape or facings, I don't line.  I also have enough to add length!  It's a wowee pattern and flattering.   I do take in some of the ease under the armhole grading out to waist seam ever so gradually.  I also add 1/2 to 1 inch to the v-neck so no cami is needed.


Here are others you may want to check into:

* A great little top; you may sew a shorter (one yard!) 40s version (fitted at waist) or even longer tunic length:  Simplicity 8523  To make a fitted waist I take a seam down the back and go in at waist. 

* Another tunic top or dress, this is a nice one too, flattering, I sew this up in sleeveless with a modern black background 'city scene'.  Very cute top. :  Simplicity 4220

* Great pair of palazzo capris:    Simplicity It's so Easy 1186:

My favorite pair of palazoos so far are out of a Walmart twin SHEET in white!  BEAUTIFUL DRAPE.  For around $4!  You need a good drape for these palazzos to work properly I have discovered.  (I do take the middles of the legs in, every so slightly and add an inch to the top of the rear, the height being at the middle seam and grading back down to meet the side seam of the front).

 ...........

God's Quickening

The other night I was getting ready for a night's rest when God spoke to my heart...He spoke to me while I was thinking of my old ob/gyn...The quiet, polite disagreements we would have on nutrition and estrogen and all the things we herbalists do and what we study...  But I was also thinking of this man's most kind heart, his godly pro-life conviction, he was like a brother at times.  He delivered Michelle, he would tell me to be careful driving home that one rainy day, he told me not to be so hard on myself when he saw me make a yuck-face because he caught me with no makeup on in the hospital one morning.  He had a settling effect on his patients.  He was just a kind person. Charity was number one.

...One of the last times I saw him in his family practice, it was that rainy day.  His son who helped in the office was in the drivers seat of their generic looking gold-colored suburban...Doc crawled in the backseat and laid down with his chisel faced handsome son at the wheel...The silhouette image of the large German man who once lettered in baseball, tiredly crawling in the backseat had stayed with me.

The other night God spoke to my heart and quickened me, strongly quickened me, specifically quickened me to look my doc friend up online and see what was up.  I did just that within minutes.

I saw his obituary...63 years old, he passed over to the other side; he has been gone for a couple of years now... I had thought of he and his wife many times, their four young men...Many grandchildren he spent time with....   I often wondered how they were doing..  His educational accolades were great but never a name dropped by this humble man.

God's quickenings are urgent, we pray immediately which I normally do, but this time it struck me in such clarity... it was just so living color to me to go see... to go check.

I don't know why the urgency was two years later...  Perhaps it was in part-answer to some things of late...I don't know...  Perhaps God was trying to show me things...

In most cases use words if necessary to get in touch with the person.

I thought of this old fashioned doctor, his old fashioned bedside manner and his sweet voice ...I had always known I could call him if I needed him.

loading ... 

.......

Life is strange like that.  It amazes me the people that can hop along, and not think much of any of it...  They treat someone passing on like they dropped their bag of chips or many times even less importantly.   Oh.  ...It's very strange to me.

My doc-friend would tell me when I was three weeks overdue...

Amelia, you may want to talk with the Man Upstairs about this...

This man has gone to be with God, I think that's a pretty big thing.   ...Don't you?

........

One way I can create Peace in our World, Christ's simple way is ministering to my family, not with a museum-house but with a loving home, a warm meal on the dinner table my family can count on!  Stability.  Peace.  The Love of Christ.  The real deal.   The real deal.  Let my family see me serving Christ in small ways from within.   May my home be that sweet place where the Holy Spirit will not be quenched.

Creating in the Kitchen:  Cooking
loading ...  Here is a recipe for a crockpot recipe of beans...this is so easy to throw together, and it makes quite a bit of leftovers!

Really.   You can make an enchilada casserole with veggie cheese and beans, green salsa etc.  You can make a bowl of beans over rice with avocado toppings etc.   Why I even made some delicious bean, quinoa, gluten free breadcrumb Italian veggie-balls yesterday!  Garlic powder and basil serve as a wonderful Italian seasoning.

Crockpot Beans.  Makes 16 cups

2 pounds raw pinto beans. (I used half red and half black-eye pea this week)

1 large onion chopped.  (I do big pieces, cut it ugly and throw it in!)

4 T. jarred minced garlic

1 T. salt

1 tsp. black pepper

2 tsp. cumin

10 c. hot water

1-2 T. olive oil

Cook til done.

You can add chili powder, paprika or whatever if you like. But the original recipe stands on it's own.

Enjoy!

..............................


My dad is doing better thank God, he is home with a walker.  We are visiting churches in uso town, the people have a very sweet spirit there, so common sense tells us to go there for checking out churches.  Please pray for us concerning.  At our age, empty nesting in our faces, we need the Body out there.  We need sweet friends ...But not until God gives the okay.


On the Roof is the only Place I know.   Signing off from The Forest Cathedral...Let's be fearlessly authentic.     : )  amelia

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Amelia, I came to your blog today for the first time, and was really touched by your description of the old doctor. My son is in his trauma surgery rotations, and as a young Christian doctor-in-training, he is always looking for doctors to emulate. He is often bone-weary by the end of a long shift, after seeing a man die in the OR, after pouring out his life to help wherever he can in this journey toward medical missions. I so appreciate what you have written. Keep writing.

Colleen

Amelia said...

Colleen, thank you so much for coming to my blog today! Your comment is a huge blessing to me and an answer to prayer for many reasons.

Oh I am so encouraged by your son in training, oh how we need Christian doctors...I know he must be such a blessing to his patients! I think it must be beautiful that your son is able to minister healing both physically and spiritually to the precious people in such need.

We know a lovely younger Christian gentleman who just became an eye surgeon, he has passed out Bibles, plays violin to patients at special times. You can find him on youtube by looking up Dr. Jonathan Hager. Perhaps it would be nice fellowship and encouragement for your son? Please feel free to comment back or even private message me if you like.

Please come back to my blog as often as you like, I love meeting new friends. Blessings to you Colleen! ~Amelia