Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Father, Teach Us to Make the Days Count, a Mimi and Popo Day...

Chris Rice, Life Means So Much

.

This song never ceases to bless my heart...

 

It wasn't that long ago I packed our four daughters into our van and took them to see Chris Rice at a free day time lunch concert at Chik-Fil-A at the mall. 

 

Now, over twenty-something years later our daughters are all adults, last month our second born dear daughter, Joycie had surgery.  An all day surgery lasting 8 long hours...The kind of thing where you have your phone right there, waiting on updates from our son in law, making sure our loved one gets out of anesthesia alright and then we hear...They are trying to help her with the pain etc....It seems like forever before Joycie is in her room.  Our loving family is sticking together taking care of their little boy, our precious grandson during this brief time.   I will call him once again....Little Batman.

Here's some clips of a most countable day with Little Batman.

 

This could also be called....A Day in the Life of a Mimi and a Popo

 

I loved these shots...

This contains an image of:.

Little Batman so blessed my heart as he asks...Would you like for me to carry that for you? 

 

My favorite fabric store in downtown is sadly closing down...Oh my heart.   This place is older, almost 50 years in business, there is a separate huge room attached to this one with all kinds of cottons and decorating fabric...The fixtures, oh my the fixtures!   There are wood fixtures painted that beautiful ballet pink...Very vintage. 

This contains an image of:

Waiting patiently for the cashier to check us out...

This contains an image of:

It's okay, Mimi...I've got it.

 

What shall we do now?   Popo suggests as I twisted his arm ; )   How about some ice cream? 

This contains an image of: 

Life means so much...

 

Little Batman says like a little man...Are ya'll ready for some ice cream? 

 

 

This contains an image of:  

Oh how the camera in my mind and heart were clicking shots and recording here...Making the day count. 

 

I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.   ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

 

This contains an image of: 

This contains an image of: 

This contains an image of:

I could paint these shots, it's so typical of little children, the dance they do in Life.  May we learn from them?  

 

While Little Batman was here, one of our other grown daughters, Zuzu who lives close by invited Little Batman over to play with our other two little grandsons, Christopher Robin and Little Jay Jay.

What's there not to love about three little cousins playing in a sprinkler?   Maybe some of us should go out and play in the sprinkler?    That would be so fun!  I think we would laugh and laugh!  We could march around and not care.

 

So sweet and carefree.   How about we be like that too? 

 

I hope you enjoy the Chris Rice song and our little adventure with Little Batman and that praise to the Lord that all is well.   

 

 

Phillippians 2:3-5   Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.  Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. 

 

 


I hope you all are doing well.    God has shown me to just live slowly, not spend too much time online and live in His Peace.  ...Making the day count. 

Amen.  


To be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the  stars...and to spend as much time as you can, with body and with spirit, in God's out-of-doors---these are little guideposts on the footpath to peace.    ~Henry Van Dyke

 

This contains an image of: 

 

Our Sweet Liesl, who teaches us true and unconditional love many a day.

 

Signing off from My Forest Cathedral       ~Amelia

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my what adorable pics of little Batman! So sweet of him offering to carry your items. What a neat fabric store…so sad they’re closing!

Love the pics of all the cousins cheerfully playing together! They have the best times!

I really like the Laura Ingalls quote. May have to find a place to post it in our home. :)

That is such a beautiful Christ Rice song. Josh was just playing it recently and brings back many special memories.

Cheryl Kimbley said...

Children always seem to get it just right. Their innocence is so eye opening and wonderful. Yes, the simpler things in life are by far the best.
Sweet pictures.

Little Mama Mia said...

More soon but these pics of the grands are just SOOOO cute!!! They brought joy to my heart just to see them just now!! <3

Frances said...

Thank you for the beautiful song. I really needed that today.

EM Griffith said...

Praying for Joycie, Amelia! I'm sorry your favorite fabric store is closing and hope you're stocking up! Oh, how precious Little Batman is!!!

You have such beautiful, happy grandchildren. These times in their lives are precious and a precious gift from the Lord. So glad you live close enough to spend quality time with them. Yes, that time spent is much more important than any time spent on a laptop, tablet or smart phone. From what I see--people are spending much less time "connected" online and more connected with life. Makes my heart smile. Life is fleeting.

Give a pet and a hug to your relaxed, regal fur baby! I've missed you, but are glad you're living life to the fullest and spending time on what matters most. (((Hug))) --Elise

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! Little Batman sure loved time with his Mimi and Popo! He had much to recount to us when we picked him up — especially about the ice cream (he takes after his Popo with his love for ice cream). I’m so glad he is making such sweet memories with y’all. Thank y’all for caring for him so well during that time!

That’s so sad about the fabric store! That was a neat place. I took my wedding dress there looking for fabric to add to it one time.

I do love that Chris Rice song, it is always such a beautiful reminder to slow down and enjoy life! I like what the Lord is showing you about being more unplugged and mindful, He is showing me that too. Taking time to just enjoy small things like Little Batman’s face when he’s speaking to me. It’s so important.

Mrs. White said...

It sounds like a precious day taking care of your grandson! So sweet! I hope your daughter recovers very soon and all is well. God bless you all!

Amelia said...

Michelle, yes, so many wonderful memories those sweet days of the cousins playing and all of that, they will remember that forever.

There is something so special about that song, it brings back such special memories of special times and it is so appropriate for now too... I love so many of Chris Rice's songs.

Thank you for commenting so thoughtfully, xo

Amelia said...

Cheryl,

Yes, children sure do have it right don't they? : ) Thanks for coming by!

Blessings!

Amelia said...

Little Mama Mia....Thank you, looking forward to your comment but so glad you went ahead and stopped by! I'm happy you enjoyed it so! xo

Amelia said...

Frances, you have been on my heart and in my daily prayers, sometimes throughout the day. I'm so thankful that the song ministered to your soul, you may enjoy other Chris Rice songs too.

Blessings to you and prayers. Thank you for taking the time to come by.

Amelia said...

Elise, Thank you so much, I think Joycie is recouping very well thanks be to God. Thank you as always for your faithful prayers, it means the world.

The fabric store was one of those special places I would treat myself to once in a blue moon but oh how I loved it! I so wanted to get back and take a pic of the room I wrote about but unfortunately they weren't kidding when they said they were closing because now they are closed.:(
At least I have some souvenir fabric from there now though...

Yes, life is like a vapor and being the empath that I am I can only take so much. When out of town and away from it all the Lord whispered such Peaceful things and just so clearly put it on my heart what to do and what not to do. He is so good to me.

There are so many things to be thankful for as I know you agree! Peace, peace wonderful peace... : ) Hugs!

Amelia said...

Anonymous, Yes he sure does take after Popo! lol That is so funny, he really was like a little man the way he said that. So thankful he made such happy little boy memories. He had a good ol' time at the Greek restaurant too with his mountain of homemade fries the way they make them in the old fashioned way. So good...

God has given me instruction in a gentle way, and it's so wonderful that the minute I start to veer even in little ways I receive a gentle check, it's a muddled feeling and I'm sure you understand.

I remember you and "Pete" going to that fabric store with your wedding dress...It was so cute the way "Pete" said...Yes, the guy at the store said adding fabric to the back will even add interest! : ) Such neat memories...The precious lady who cut my fabric this last time was sharing that many people came in sharing similar memories. Oh my heart!

Yes, you have that right, to take that time and live with no regrets. May we all, every one of us do that. We must stop and think as to our priorities and what it will look like in years to come in the theatres of our hearts and souls. xo

Amelia said...

Mrs. White, Thank the Lord, she is doing well and seems to be healing well, she seems to be getting her energy back in full force actually, little by little, praying she doesn't over do things as only a mother can do. But Praise the Lord, things are on the upswing.

I appreciate you coming by and taking the time to comment. I love your profile pic, everytime I see it it makes me smile, the femininity of your hairstyle (I'm enjoying mine like that these days too) and your dress in the photo is so pretty. Blessings and prayers for you and your precious family.

Sandi said...

"Chris Rice at a free day time lunch concert at Chik-Fil-A at the mall."

WHAT. I remember him from the late 90's. One of my favorites. I could have seen him at a Chic-Fil-A? 😃 What a blessing you got to go!

I am praying for Joycie!

These photos are WONDERFUL. Oh, those carefree summer days with cousins and sunshine...❤️...and doggy cousins too.

Amelia said...

Sandi, *Yes!* The Chik-Fil-A restaurants in our area used to do free concerts like that all the time! : ) We got to see various Christian artists for free! When we got to the mall, Chris Rice was mindlessly walking through the food court area sipping on a large soft drink through a straw. It was *so* Chris Rice! lol

Thank you for praying for Joycie, she seems to be doing very well, and we pray it stays like that.

So happy you enjoyed the photos! Yes, doesn't it just capture those carefree days? I remember being an only child just so cherishing when the grandma, Mrs. Porter across the street in our old dinosaur neighborhood had her little grand-daughters come over from out of state...Oh we would have such fun rigging a sprinkler up to the top of my slide on my swingset, we would slide down singing "Downtown" by Petula Clark. Lol One of the girls, her name was Dena sang "Harper Valley PTA". We pretended we were bathing beauties! Lol I think I still have the black and white photos too. : ) Our little dog back then was named "Cutie". : )

Blessings to you!