Monday, October 2, 2023

Missy Christmas, Our Little Angel. You Will be Sooooo Missed, our little Angel Girl....

 

This is precious little Missy, last December in her new coat.  

 

I had just been watching Missy, just the cute way she would kind of walk around and flop down appearing to be looking around, though blind, it looked like she could see something, and oh it was so darling....Just so innocent.  She loved our daughter's dachshund and would just wag her tail when she was around him...It made me wonder if she wasn't used to another little dog around her like that.  She so wanted to be friends with Atticus and he was very sweet to her too.   

Edit 10.2.23 4:50pm.  Missy Christmas was dumped here on our street two days after Christmas in literally freezing weather for those who may not know.  It was so very sad but we were so blessed to have this little angel for the far-too short time we were so blessed to have had this heart-warming angel.

 ...................................................................

 

 

We lost our little Missy last Friday.  I'm severely grieved in my spirit and heart and everything else.   It's very traumatic and heartbreaking for me.  


She was getting up, falling over and hitting her head on the floor.  She started curling her body over to the side.  We had already taken our elderly little Muffie in to the vet, Wednesday before that for similar symptoms and he became better quickly.  So I really expected for Missy too, to get better quickly.  

 

According to the vet, she had something going on that probably had to do with the way she was treated by her previous owners who dumped her in literally freezing cold weather two days after Christmas.  She had had a hernia on her side already, caused by a very hard kick or hit by a car.   I just don't know who the monsters were who had this little angel. 

 

I'm so disappointed with many things that have happened lately, just sick at heart.  I know I have  blessings and I know God is watching, He's even watching the sparrow but I'm just really sad at heart, I'm mourning and God understands that.   

 

It's easy to get cynical with people even.  almost everyone just starts looking like a fake to us at times...People say crazy things when we lose our pets, they'll even say crazy things using the Bible, can you imagine what God thinks of that?  His heart must break too.

 

Many times we are already wondering who is real anymore for God's sake?!   Who in God's name can sympathize and behave in a caring way instead of having their faces imbedded into their screens!    Who can we find who is not so busy going to church that they can't be the Church?  

 

Last Friday I looked around in the stores, Jem and I.   I was so upset inside the stores and restaurant waiting for the vet to call me the first time around.   I just looked at people, they seemed like zombies.   I tell people my dog is at the vet's not doing well...They don't even know how to respond!  What has become of this culture?!

 

 

We pick Missy up the first time and as we waited their was a youngish lady with very frightened German Shepherd, just precious, he was shaking after his rabies shot.   She had a tshirt on and on the  back of it, it said...Be Strong in the Lord.   I told her I liked her shirt and that I sure needed that message that day.   She acted sheepish and quiet about it although smiling to herself, obviously a nice person but seemed a little socially inept and not too terribly empathetic to maybe what was going on with me and my pet who we were waiting for?   ...And I'm just thinking...Now isn't that something?   She's wearing that shirt and can't even defend the message or give encouragement.  I'm just mentally shaking my head.  Later Jem shared, that yes, he noticed the girl was quiet on that.   

 

The whole world is crazy isn't it at times?   Although, of course there are right things in this world too that I thank the Lord for.



In this case we had to make the agonizing decision to euthanize our little angel, and I even have questions on that, she was suffering and it was Friday evening, we brought her home from the vet's office, he said it didn't look good.   We brought her home and she cried and cried...We brought her back to the vet's seeking help and wisdom.

 

The very young vet, a handsome, fresh-looking black young man, someone who looked like he should be an actor on pbs children's programming, was very sweet, he looked like he was about to cry too.  He had recommended euthanizing but I've learned to never take that advice without looking into things.  I've been told that twice in the past ten years and both times it was not needed, the animal wasn't suffering and both times the pet recovered fully! 

 

I told the young vet the story of the nursing home I used to volunteer at, a middle aged man who had been in a car wreck was there.  He had passed away and was brought back by the paramedics.  He said the first thing he saw in Heaven was all of his dogs from his life who had passed to the other side, there to greet him...  There was no reason for that man to tell me that either, and I've always remembered his testimony of that.   

 

I quietly told the vet through tear filled eyes....

And I believe that.

 

When they gave my angel the first shot to sedate her she jumped and flailed and I was horrified, I looked at the  vet tech with fear, horror and tears and asked Is this normal?   

 

I held my little angel and cried and told her Oh Missy, I'm so sorry we could not help you more... 

 

After they took her to the next room we waited on the bench in the far side of the lobby and I cried so hard, just so very hard.  I did not care who heard me either.


 Pet Loss Grief; the pain explained.  Sarah Hoggan DVM

 

 

I have many questions right now on how things happened.   The lady above is a trauma vet and she explains our feelings so, so, so, so well.  Just.   So.   Well.   

 

Please give the video a listen, it's only 16 minutes.

 

 

 

I must go now, please say a prayer for this gal.   ~Amelia

 

15 comments:

Cheryl Kimbley said...

I feel your pain and I am sorry for you. Your baby is with God now and I do believe that - and you will be together again! HUGS

EM Griffith said...

Oh, Amelia... (((HUG))). It is so very hard. Too often people don't know how to respond or what to say, or just feel uncomfortable themselves, when all you were looking for was a little understanding. Empathy.

I feel that God gave Missy Christmas to you as a gift to her and your whole family. You gave her so much love. And she brought you joy. One day you'll see her sweet face again, but until then, she lives on in your heart. Hold tight to the good memories with her. Thank you for this post and for the picture. You do her honor.

--Elise

Anonymous said...

I am, again, just so sorry for your loss of sweet Missy. She was a precious little dog, and I know she was so loved by y’all and that she loved y’all dearly, too. It’s a holy kindness, I feel, to take in a helpless animal in need. and sounds like she had so much to offer in return! God led her to the right place, that’s for sure. Praying the comfort and peace of God rules your heart. Other people may not understand, as you said, but I’m so glad He always does <3

Anonymous said...

I am just so saddened about Missy Christmas! I understand the pain when we had to put my cat Angelina down. It felt criminal of me, but I felt even worse seeing her suffer so. Missy knows she was so well loved by y’all in her last days here on the earth side. She will be so missed! It is sad and heartbreaking when people are rude and less than empathetic. :’(

Little Mama Mia said...

Oh what a tremendously heart wrenching thing you've had to go through, Mom! I have never been through this kind of thing before but I can imagine how it must've broken your heart and how incredibly painful it must've been to see her flail around with the first shot. That is so sad! And I know there have been so many questions & doubts since then. But God will heal your mind and emotions from this experience and will bring peace to your heart. We don't always understand why things happen this side of heaven. But we can give it to the Father Who is always there. "Cast your burdens upon the Lord for He cares for you". And in the meantime, I know little Missy Christmas will be dearly missed. And that is a grief that will have to be processed and walked through. But as you process all of these emotions, try to remember that she had to feel extraordinarily loved by you in the final months of her life. I hope that brings a great amount of comfort to your heart. And I will be praying for you <3

Amelia said...

Thank you Cheryl, you are such a sweetheart. Hugs to you too, friend.

Amelia said...

Thank you Elise, I appreciate your understanding so much, friend, I appreciate you, (((hugs))) back to you Elise, your words are comforting, yes...Just a little comfort and understanding...Sooo true.

Amelia said...

Joycie, ...Those words, "A holy kindness" That is beautiful. Thank you for your comforting comment, yes, she was sooo very precious. Yes, God understands and I know you do too. <3 Your commment is a blessing to me.

Amelia said...

Zuzu, Yes. We do feel like criminals don't we on this situation? No matter what, we feel so horrible. Just so horrible, I think the vet below says it so well. I remember when you lost your kitty, it was soooo sad and you had to wheel her in the baby stroller in a box, holding your baby and your toddler's hand at the same time. I appreciate you commenting very much. Thanks for your understanding, it is heartbreaking. <3

Amelia said...

Little Mama Mia, That name made me smile... Yes, we can cast our burdens on the Father, He truly cares, and He shows it too. Yes, God will heal all wounds, it's true, we don't understand so many things on this green earth but one day we will, sure enough. That brings such comfort to our hurting hearts. I often wondered what Missy must have thought, going from the cold, freezing street into our warm and loving home. ...Little angel. Thanks so very much for prayers, God be with us. <3

Wanita said...

Amelia, I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Missy Christmas. It's so hard to go through losing a pet. Praying for comfort for you and your family. Wanita

Amelia said...

Hi Wanita, it is so sweet of you to come by and take the time to comment, thank you so much. Yes, it is so hard, so heart wrenching, it sounds like you have had the same similar situation happen to you too. I sure covet your prayers Wanita. Our youngest daughter who lives here at home was sharing how precious little Missy was... I appreciate you coming by, Wanita very much. God bless you. ~Amelia

Laurie said...

I’m so very sorry about your little angel. She was so blessed to have you in her life. Sending prayers to heal your broken heart.

Amelia said...

Thank you Laurie, I so appreciate you taking the time to comment, I appreciate the prayers more than ever. I especially need them now, we have now lost our little Muffie too. So we've had three pets leave us in 6 weeks. I'm just devastated, I didn't know how I would react with Muffie passing away, he was probably 18 to 20 years old, but oh how I'm missing him too when it hit. Reminders everywhere, I feel like a chunk of my life left too.

Thanks again, friend.... ~Amelia

Kylan Gentry said...

Hello everyone on here, I want to share with you all a great testimony on how I was cured by Dr Jekawo, who cured so many diseases.
I was suffering from herpes and diabetes also my little sister was a victim of blood cancer too but with the help of Dr Jekawo we are all fine, well with his natural remedies that he prepare then send to us through dhl courier he then instruct us on how to drink the herbal medicines which we did and today we are completely well, we have being living free for 2 years now and it's seems like a God sent when I met him online by a lady giving testimony online like I'm doing right now.also I have introduce Dr Jekawo to several colleagues from works suffering from different kind of diseases and Dr Jekawo has healed all of them with his herbal knowledge. he's a great man with ancestral power to cure people with herpes,cancer,diabetes,hepatitis,hpv,lupus,als,hiv/aids, also spiritual consultation he's available for that as well.
I email him on: drjekawo@gmail.com because that's the only source to get to him as he lives far from the United state,I told him that I will be giving testimony on his behalf because he's a good man with a Godly heart.