Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Be Careful, Be Alert, Keep Your Eyes on Jesus, 'Call Northside 777', Christmas in July Time!

I don't feel completely comfortable writing things that are negative about any particular group.  I don't want to be a downer let's say and I don't want to be seen as nit-picky. 


My husband and I have seen many fringe movements through out our Christianity.  Trust me.

 

The devil comes in many forms, the Bible says it's possible that the elect will be fooled, the Bible says do not be deceived.   If the Bible warns not to be  deceived then it is possible.


I recently have unwittingly come across a movement disguised in attractive homemaking videos, scripture is read etc. the videos look very nice and are very attractive and even sweet to someone like me who loves the Lord, the country and simple living.  Let's face it, it's hard finding fellowship or churches who support homemaking and are not double minded but also kind.    I don't know about you, but I want straight up Christianity.  I want a sweet spirit, not a worldly one and I want a loving and friendly atmosphere. 


Even though I enjoyed the videos, I noticed dissenters making videos and such of one of the torah ministries represented in those videos and didn't quite know what to think...There are always two sides, correct?  Was it sour grapes?  Who was deceiving who?  What's going on here?  Were these dissenters liberal-woke church-goers being mean to the sweet looking people?  After all, we do have the seeker-woke movement coming against things that are good and holy, former people who had it right are going to the left totally against the Lord's Word and it's not good!  Please be warned on that of course!   I'm certainly not trying to insult intelligence here either, I think most friends who read here see very clearly.

But it wasn't until I tried to leave a comment of encouragement in good faith on a beautiful torah type ministry video channel and noticed how it was handled (like a slap in the face from someone young enough to be my daughter).   No sleep lost but it was troubling, my stomach dropped.  There was no love and no kind of smoothing things over, and certainly no apology for a misunderstanding.  In another case I recently heard one seemingly very sweet young lady even express when she was asked about animal sacrifices that they didn't have a temple (to do one in).  Very troubling.  This new movement is not the same as a church or a family celebrating the Jewish feasts or any of that, this is far beyond and goes in the opposite direction of Jesus Christ's sacrifice and God's character and is what Paul warns us about.

I've pulled up a couple of articles that may explain things of what we are seeing here, it's new to me, but apparently it's been going on.   Once again, allow me to clarify...This has nothing to do with Christians observing and reverencing Jewish feasts etc.  This is an entirely different ballgame...  It's attracting sweet families who are trying to do the right thing.    I'm hoping the articles below will explain the difference and cautions.

Jews for Jesus, About Torah Observance

Answers in Genesis, Hebrew Roots Movement  

 


 loading ...    

Robert Stock Photo

I'm starting a sewing project, a cute skirt with a "Paris" print cotton purchased from Walmart and decluttering a little.  Composing our dinners, I always go back to my tried and true! lol and have watched a very good evening movie with hubs:   

loading ...     

Robert Stock Photo

 Call  Northside 777    (1948)

I've  blogged on this movie  before, oh it's so good!  Definitely worthy of another mention!   Justice being fought for here...Amazing movie.   

 

loading ...    

Robert Stock Photo

Changes.    I recently watched a video by Dr. Mercola our youngest daughter shared with us on the dangers of our devices too close to us and even on  people.    I have quit putting my laptop on my lap at night as Jem and I watch a classic movie.   Now, I go to a designated place, usually my kitchen table to purposefully browse and then I put my laptop up.   I'm enjoying our movie-watching so much more now!   We love old black and white movies from the 40s especially.   The movies in the 40s are generally more clean and sweet.   WWII was going on and there was a healthy fear of God in our country.

 

 


 

If we surrender our hearts to God we may expect a wondrous enlargement.    ~A. W. Tozer

 

Live today fully, expressing gratitude for all you have been, all you are right now, and all you are becoming.   ~Melody Beattie

 

Love comes while we rest against our Father's chest.   Joy comes when we catch the rhythms of His heart.  Peace comes when we live in harmony with those rhythms.   ~Ken Gire 

 

 

P.S.    It's Christmas in July time!     Are you starting any projects?   I don't have any homemade ones right now but I am finding some very nice things at Dollar Tree to wrap up for our grandbabies and even a hand held mirror for my mom!    Let me know here of any neat things you have going! 

loading ...   

Robert Stock Photo

 

I hope you are all doing well!  God's blessings,        ~Amelia

14 comments:

Patti said...

Hi friend,
Yes, we are seeing so many that we thought were true believers being led astray these days. It is frightening...and heartbreaking! Some blogs that I used to really enjoy are now heavy with "woke" theology, so I have stopped reading them.

Our family really likes Call Northside 777. Truly, they don't make films like they used to, do they? Like you, I love 1940's films. I would say Casablanca is my all-time fave, with The Best Years of Our Lives a close second.

I am writing on my new blog about twice a week. I had started it when I found out I was going to become a grandmother, and I had fully intended just to keep it a private blog. But last month, I decided to make it public. I don't have many readers, but that's okay. The Lord will bring the people He wants.

Love and hugs,
Patti

Amelia said...

Hi Patti-Gem! I will definitely come and check out blog out, I had bookmarked it because I could not figure out how to follow it. : ) For some reason I could not get it plugged into Bloglovin. (gah)

Oh yes, 'Best Years of Our Lives' one of my favorites for sure and 'Casablanca'...I see something different in that one every time I watch that one. 'Best Years of Our Lives' was said to be the most correct of how our servicemen felt on coming home from WWII. I love the simple wedding at the end! And you are so right, the films now days just don't have it, they are usually morally bankrupt and just nothing to them in the way of wholesomeness,creativity or beauty. There is just something about those 40s movies! It's so nice to meet a friend who also enjoys and appreciates the old movies of yesteryear.

It is very disappointing isn't it? ...To see people go woke? To see people go with fringe movements just to be part of? It's hard to see. We thought we had found a church that was viable and now...it's woke. I could write a blog right here in this comment.

Thank you Pattie for your sweet comments, I appreciate you!
Love to you dear friend, Amelia

Sandi said...

What a great photo. I always wear heels while watching tv too! 😂 Those old photos are great though. At least she's not wearing sweatpants....as I am currently doing.

That's sad to hear about the videos. There's one I watch on youtube by a young woman who gardens and makes tea. I have not noticed anything like that there.

I was a part of a Messianic Jewish congregation years ago. They had to watch out for those types of things too.

Amelia said...

Hi Sandi! You are so funny, I love your sense of humor! I didn't notice her heels! Shame, shame...You are wearing sweats! Haha! When we first got married I would wear high heels around the house like a doofus. lol Now 1 1/4" heel is as high as I go *anywhere*! :D No more torture devices for me!

I've found on anyone, if there are critiques it's good to pay attention to words of warning although I'm generaly skeptical of the critiques. Sometimes the critiques are just nothing-bitter-burgers but sometimes they do have a point. I remember when calvinists would call anything to do with the Holy Spirit "mystical" and totally demean people marring the person's reputation in a phariseeical way. One interesting way to see the heart is when we comment people even trying to be nice...What comes out of their teabag when put in hot water? Do they lovingly respond? Do they snap? Do they ignore? Erase? Etc. What comes out of any of our teabags right?

That's neat you attended a Messianic Jewish congregation. I was friends with a Jewish lady married to a cajun Christian! It was hilarious! She was an executive and he was a painter who would jump out of his van passing out tracts at the red lights! I usually get along well with Jewish people, I think it's my Italian roots? Not sure. This lady loved my little girls and appreciated the way they were being brought up. She eventually accepted Jesus as her Messiah and started attending a Messianic Jewish congregation. Praise the Lord! : )

Thanks for your comment! I appreciate you! <3

Patti said...

I will add a "followers" icon to my blog. That is how I follow blogs. The feed comes through on my Blogger dashboard. (I don't use bloglovin)

Amelia said...

Hi Patti, As you can see I followed your blog now that your button is installed. Yippee! Your blog is delightful!

Mrs. White said...

I love that you are thinking about Christmas. I have just started planning. I try to get a few things, here and there, throughout the year for the grandbabies. I also like to watch some of the old Christmas movies in July, such as: "It happened on 5th Avenue."

Amelia said...

Mrs. White, so very good to see your sweet face! I know what ya mean...I really don't have plans yet either, I just stay aware at stores as the year flows, usually more in the fall. It seems this year I'm seeing some very nice toys at $tree that would be so fun for the little toddlers (they will be close to three yrs. old) to open up! I've found a large boxed set of vintage mickey mouse cardboard prints that includes cute markers, it looks very nice, like something I would have received from a friend or relative, and I also found the vintage mickey mouse watercolor/sticker & book set in a nice box with snap closure. I've found a small 50s vintage truck and trailer too. I love-love-love your idea about watching the old Christmas movies! Oh yes! (warms hands together) "It Happened on 5th Avenue"! Oh that is just plumb luverly...I must do that too, it's a wonderful movie! Thank you so much for the idea!

I appreciate you! <3

Rajani Rehana said...

Lovely blog

Amelia said...

Thank you! God bless you.

Sandi said...

Hope you are well. I am here looking to see if you've posted again. Happy Sunday. 😊

Amelia said...

Hi Sandi, I'm having a rough patch of it this week, our little dachshund passed away unexpectedly and I am heart broken. Prayers are coveted.

Rajani Rehana said...

Your blog is amazing

Amelia said...

Thank you, God bless and be with you!