Tuesday, August 27, 2019

A Movie Suggestion, A True Story: Boomerang! (1947)

A movie worth watching...A true story.

Boomerang!  (1947)

I recently saw this movie on regular antenna television (we cut the cable and are so happy with regular television).  I can tape the movies on the Movies! channel or any regular channels with my Channel Master and it's so great to fast forward the commercials and watch an old movie at our leisure, hubs and I in the evening after a nice supper. (No, I'm not being paid to advertise!) lol  But I would like to let folks know there is a way to tape programs on regular antenna television which to me is very adequate for our needs. No, there are no monthly fees, the Channel Master is just a little device.  We were amazed at how many very nice stations are on free antenna television!



I really enjoy movies with Dana Andrews and Karl Malden in them, usually that's a good sign of an enjoyable, quality movie.  Dana Andrews is from our neck of the woods and a son of a pastor.  He is also in one of my very favorite movies, Best Years of Our Lives, considered one of the most lifelike movies of our veterans from WWII.

Here is the trailer I found on youtube of Boomerang!, I have mixed emotions on the trailer, it doesn't seem to do the movie justice.  Justice.  The movie, Boomerang! is about justice and a good warning to be careful and also brave, always checking the sources of what we hear and think we see.   My dad always said:  "Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see."  It may mean that we stand alone.

 


In the movie you will see the underhanded politicking that occurs in many situations from many different angles!  Sadly, even in churches and homeschool groups too.   I'm sure you have seen the same as well, let it be a lesson for us to be that one to question and stand for what is right for the Audience of One.  There are far too many people who will stand back quietly as someone is picked apart and their reputation is ruined to say the least or I've also seen many being left out because of sectarian spirits operating.  This ought not be in Christian circles, we should be the friendliest, wisest and sweetest people around!
 



An important fact from the movie above:  Cummings (named "Henry Harvey" in the film) later became Attorney General of the United States.



...................................................................................



What have you been up to lately?

Here is a photo of a Little Dress for Africa I have started, I have four all-cotton tshirts are ladies tshirts that our daughter, Michelle picked up from Dollar Tree!.  I took a seam down the middle of both the front and back to make it a youth size.  This dress will be for an older youth.  I will also be making some little shorts for little boys as I am able.  For me?  I'm making some wonderful autumn print skirts and checking my cotton long sleeve shirts to make sure I am set for fall....Oh yes, Fall how I love thee...

  
 My grocery store in smalltown, just love this store...I try to spy out older folks, especially those older war vets.  I just love giving them some attention and thanks...They are adorable and wonderful treasures.  We can be an angel to them and others...  I enjoy wearing whimsical novelty cotton skirts, they are a great conversation starter.  Some people drive art cars?   I wear art skirts!   (Another blog!)



I'll close with s photo of one of our precious pets we have lost in the past two years, she was such a sweet, loyal little doggy...She was just precious....

...Esther, our little sweetheart.   We miss you Esther.

 

I hope everyone is having a nice week, a thankful week, even though we may go through ups and downs, our Father, God will carry us.  May we feel His gentle hands, may we be those gentle hands to others, in word and deed.  Give people a loving smile that they can't resist!  Let's be a friend to people.  

People may not remember what we said, but they will remember how they were made to feel.



Have a sweet day, Loves,    ~Amelia





12 comments:

Barbara said...

Yes, I want to a blog post from you with your Art Skirts!

You're right, they make a great conversation-starter. I sometimes wear a unique pin on my dress and that often starts a conversation. The most recent one is an ice cream cone I bought over 50 years ago as a teenager. I wear it about once a year on a sweltering August day, just when such a treat is most desired and appreciated.

Christine said...

You have a HUGE heart!♥ That's what drew me to reading and being apart of your blog!
Thank you for recommending this movie. It sounds like one both, my husband and I would enjoy. I always take into consideration recommendations, especially from someone I respect.

On another note, thank you so much for the prayers! It means so much to know that others take the time to lift up others in need. 😘

Edi said...

Jika anda ingin memperoleh kemenangan mudah dalam permainan Ceme Keliling, disarankan untuk bermain menggunakan Bobol Server Judi Ceme Keliling.
Hoki Pasti
info Jitu

Linda said...

Hello again,
I loved reading what you wrote and especially these words "This ought not be in Christian circles, we should be the friendliest, wisest and sweetest people around!" I couldn't agree more. !! My husband loves to watch old Western Movies with Hopalong Cassidy. As it was Father's Day yesterday and I knew my husband would appreciate it so much we watched a very old movie called 'The Big Trees' with Kirk Douglas 1952. We love movies from around 1950 and earlier as they usually tell a good clean story and have good humour as well. I think your dresses for Africa are wonderful too, how sweet ~ Blessings to you - Linda. (We'll check out that movie 'Boomerang' and see if it's on YouTube.)

Amelia said...

Hi Barbara! I'm going to have to photograph my art-skirts! Thank you so much for the encouragement to do that! I would love to see your ice cream cone pin! That sounds so cute and very neat since you have saved it since your teen years! I want to see a photo of that when you get the druthers to put one up one day. : )

I'm so glad to have a sweet blogging friend who also loves and appreciates whimsy! It's so fun I think!

Blessings!

Amelia said...

Dear Christine, Thank you so much for your sweet encouragement, it means the world.

I think blogging in the Body of Christ is just such a special thing, the Lord truly uses blogging to connect His sprinkled children over the world! I love reading others' blogs, their lives and when things need prayer, I like to pray and let the person know. It's a privilege for me to peep into others' lives and show care. You seem to be in much the same season I am in, I love seeing your family, so darling.

Continued prayers and care coming your way!

Amelia said...

Hi There Linda! So great to hear from you! Thanks so much for the encouragement! It really is true, isn't it a breath of fresh air to meet those who call themselves Christians to radiate those sweet traits?

Oh my husband loves the old cowboy shows too! I will have to look up that Kirk Douglas movie! Thank you! That sounds like a very nice Father's Day treat!

Thanks so much for stopping by Linda!

Blessings!

Mrs. White said...

I always love your movie recommendations! It is so nice to visit you here and see what you are up to.

Blessing to you!

Amelia said...

Hi Mrs. White! So great to hear what you enjoy! I appreciate you!

Blessings!

Little Mama Mia said...

Awww.... sweet little Esther! What a precious little dog she was... makes me sad to see her little pic here. But so glad you honored her memory here.

And the dress just touches my heart so much knowing a girl in Africa will be wearing that... how that will bless that young lady!! God bless you for sacrificing time and energy to make these beautiful little dresses.

And... the little small-town grocery store! I have good memories of you and I going out there so many times. That little town is very special with sweet people, lots of history and charm. Keep encouraging those vets!

The movie sounds good too.. thanks for sharing!

Love you, Mom!

Amelia said...

Dear Lea, Yes, Esther was a sweetheart, remember how she would lay down next to Michelle after the emergency room visit when Michelle was ill?

I'm adding finishing touches to the dresses, adding white stitched trim and I too think of the little girls there who have literally nothing to wear on their bodies.

Thanks so much for commenting here dear Lea! We'll have to go to the store again one day when you have the druthers to take a drive to the country. Such a special little treasure there!

Love to you! ~Mom

Little Mama Mia said...

I had forgotten about that... so precious!

That touches me so much... very sobering.

Oh yes, Mom, I would love to do that... we need to do that soon! It would be fun! :D <3