Friday, June 23, 2017

He Teaches Us to Sing


Our sweet daughter, Janie took this day before yesterday evening.


My dad passed away last week and things have become stranger and at times even more heartbreaking but I do know this... God is faithful and He is Just.  I have seen some of the loveliest signs from God, and I do hope to share with you soon as the Lord allows.  So many of these little signs are so hard to explain adequately in writing...

The Lord showed Lea this verse the night after he passed away. 

The people who walked in darkness Have seen a great light;  Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, Upon them a light has shined.    -Isaiah 9:2  


The Lord has been very, very faithful to show me, teach me and encourage me daily.  I know He is Just.  Oh wow, I so know this to be true!

As it was written in my original version of Streams in the Desert;  He teaches us to sing in the dark times.  

No, my friend, it is not raining afflictions on you.  It is raining tenderness, love, compassion, patience, and a thousand other flowers and fruits of the blesssed Holy Spirit.  And they are bringing to your life spiritual enrichment that all the prosperity and ease of this world could never produce in your innermost being. 

-J.M.M.  Streams in the Desert June 15.



...If God has chosen special trials for you to endure, be assured He has kept a very special place in His heart just for you...

- Streams in the Desert June 19.



Prayers are always, always appreciated dear readers and friends. 

Well dear ones, I felt I should touch bases.   I'll be out of pocket for a short time, but I hope to at least visit blogs in between times.  I so appreciate those who read here.  You are a Gift to me.



Love,  Amelia in the Forest







5 comments:

Linda said...

Dearest Amelia, my sincere and deepest condolences on the passing of your dear father. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. And this is a beautiful photo taken by Lea! God bless you, dear friend. Much love and hugs.

Mrs. White said...

This is so beautiful. I very much appreciate the update.

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Barbara said...

May our Lord continue to comfort you in this season of grief and sorrow. The verse from Isaiah is wonderful and you do well to apply it to your circumstances with your dad. I am so sorry for your loss.

Little Mama Mia said...

I'm so sorry for all you're going through right now, Mom. I know it is incredibly difficult. I cannot imagine. In time, the Lord will heal all the broken places in your heart you will eventually be on the other side. Jesus is with you. Keep holding on. We are here for you. (((HUGS))) And I'm praying for you.
Love you <3 <3 <3

The Saxophone Player's Wife said...

Hello, Amelia.

I'm so sorry to read of your father's passing. I've always enjoyed your posts about him. I know he was dearly cherished and so very special to you. What a hard, sad loss. I'm so sorry.

You are in my prayers. I know the Lord is your comfort and strength, so I pray you lean into Him more than ever. His arms are big enough.

Love,
Caroline