Monday, July 21, 2014

A Movie and Music Great we are Enjoying...Oh 40s How I Love You...

Show N Tell Time!

I would like to share these goodies our family has enjoyed these past several weeks:

Nominated for FOUR Oscars and other wins as well:

Ernie Pyle's story of...  The Story of G.I. Joe (1945)



This movie stars a loveable Robert Mitchum playing one of the most heartwarming characters ever, a loveable but strong ...gentle leader.  Throughout the movie (beginning to the very end) you will see a precious little white dog with our soldiers...Oh my.  If this movie doesn't touch your heart nothing will.  Our entire family loved this movie great.  Our children, our youth need to see these movies.  The real deal folks....the real deal.  (Check out the history of this poignant movie for yourself).   Very interesting...  Enjoy.

And what is a Monday without some great music????

This should put a nice little zip in your doo-da!  We are loving this song...So. Great.

'The Lady's in Love With You' by Glenn Miller



I like to dance around the house to this music...great stuff for balancing a laundry basket and cookin' dinner.  So. Fun.  Our daughter, Marianna called attention to the greatness of this song on one of my Glenn Miller cds...  So glad!

Here's some of the cute lyrics that open the song...I typed'm as fast as I could...so they probably are not exact but you will get the drift of the cuteness here...

It starts with wowee music, then whistling then dialogue with Tex Benecke and Glenn Miller: 

Hello there Texas what you say?  I'd like to bend your ear if you're goin' my way...  Okay Glenn what's worrying you?.... Tell me the story and I'll see what I can do.  ...Well I've got a gal whose a real killer-diller but I'm not so sure she's interested in Mr. Miller....  Don't you know how to go about finding out?  No. You tell me Texas.  

Soooo cute!  The music is fantastic.  We get a real kick out of it!

No one else is going to make our homes a haven but us.  We have the freedom to enter or not enter into the present culture.

I choose to keep things wholesome.  Why not?  : )

..and trust me, our daughters are ages 20 to 31 now, it doesn't hurt them a bit to live in a purposely wholesome home.  I can't believe I even have to type that (shaking my head).  Most young people who know and have been around the real thing will certainly know a counterfeit when they see it.  Trust me. 

What have I been up to?  Sewing.  Sewing.  Cooking.  Cooking.  Nothing like it...  If we don't create for ourselves who will?   The Father gives the greatest ideas, He is the Master Creator.

There is such freedom in sewing, if you don't know how, it's great to learn!  I'm having such a great time sewing simple dresses etc.!  Let's teach our girls and guys to learn too.  I loved to hear of a soldier friend who made his own quilt and took it to war with him...not to mention making an outfit for his sister for Christmas.  No, he's a big manly guy.  From what I see, a godly guy too.

Our girls?   Oh working and doing and doing and working.  Laughing, pondering... One day at a time.

We found a sweet little church we are visiting, it's tucked away in a little country village out of a system of sorts, it's nice.  We shall see what we shall see.  We must remember, we are the Church. 

Today at the Forest Cathedral I may start to cut out a dress if I have time after my home blessing tour. (cleaning my bathrooms!)  lol  (Flylady.net is a great resource)

For supper?   Well....Don't quite know yet.   I'll see what I get the druthers to make later.

Love comes while we rest against
 our Father's chest.  
Joy comes when we catch the 
rhythms of His heart.
Peace comes when we live in harmony with those rhythms.  
-Ken Gire

One thing the Father is showing me whether the day contains bathing doglets, sewing, cooking...sending a card to my dad...Listen to the heartbeat of the Father.  It's not my list, it's His list.  His yoke is easy and His burden is light...

I am trying to take His rest.  I'm my own worst critic, the creative mess I am...I just need to do what the Father is whispering....His way is best.  We can't go wrong like that, right? : )

-Amelia

A Recent Sunrise over the Pond at the Forest Cathedral

5 comments:

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

It is nice to see an update, Mrs. Amelia. I would love to see some of your sewing projects. We are having a quiet summer here at home as well.

Lovely picture.

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy your posts, Amelia! And, Love your choices of music and movies. I agree. Wholesomeness is key! Thanks for another beautiful, upbeat post and it's such fun to hear about your family's daily doings! (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

How did the little church work out e you? We are having difficulty finding a place to belong.

I love Glen Millet and wholesome home life too

Anonymous said...

Meant to say for you not e you.....

Amelia said...

Hi Shirley, Unfortunately, the little church didn't work out for us. It's very difficult out there in churchdom, isn't it? We have gotten to the point that we listen to a good sermon from sermonindex.net, usually a Zac Poonen sermon. We also have recently enjoyed Ed Young from Second Baptist in Houston, you can catch him on youtube, I think it's under 'winning walk'. It's just become so bad out there...Just so very bad. Many times when I do meet a Christian who is serious about being a Christian they too are having the same problem and are now out of the system. We've become very used to being out of the system, It had gotten to the point where we would leave churches feeling so upset, and so alone we may as well listen to a good sermon on our own and enjoy one another's fellowship here. For now, I've accepted that this is the way it is. One day we may visit a church my daughter and son in law attend when he is not working, we shall see! : )

I can certainly understand what your family is going through with finding a church home.